Lid won't close?
    So I got my MacBook Pro as a graduation present in May, and just the other day the lid stopped closing all the way! The button is pressed in and the lid won't latch. I've tried pushing it in farther, but that didn't do anything. I really would rather not send my MacBook back to Apple. Is there any way I can fix this myself?

Specs:
    Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayeight View Post
    So I got my MacBook Pro as a graduation present in May, and just the other day the lid stopped closing all the way! The button is pressed in and the lid won't latch. I've tried pushing it in farther, but that didn't do anything. I really would rather not send my MacBook back to Apple. Is there any way I can fix this myself?
    Its a question of whether it is feasible rather than can you. Of course if any parts are damaged you may be able to get them BUT. What happens if you take it apart to fix and you cannot fix it, then when you return it they can tell it has been in bits! They may well invalidate your warranty. It could be twisted hinges, twisted shell, trapped cable due to snapped guide.

With the fault as it is on a warranted computer I would return it.
    Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I recommend you do not attempt to fix it yourself since the machine is still under warranty. There could be a number of reasons the lid won't close and disassembling it could be fruitless if you lack the needed part(s) to effect the repair. There's also the chance you may do more damage during the disassembly.

Let the experts look at it and do the repair. Since it's still early in the Summer you have time to send to Apple and have it repaired and back to you well before school starts.

Regards.

Thread Information