New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Crazy or just worried?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jolulure

jolulure is on a distinguished road

hello!!

my macbook is three weeks old and im getting crazy . I have already noticed some issues. So far, the most important one is the screen one:

1.- when I close the lid of the laptop, the screen seems to move horizontally from right to left a few milimetres.... is that normal?

2.- if you close your laptop, you can notice that in the edge there is a white plastic "band" with screews on it. i dont know why in my laptop i can actually press into one of the sides and get lots of "flex".

Are this issues normal?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
cowasaki

cowasaki is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

Take it into your local Apple store and compare it, if it is faulty they will sort it out!

Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.
QUOTE Thanks
jolulure

jolulure is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowasaki View Post
Take it into your local Apple store and compare it, if it is faulty they will sort it out!
well, thing is that im working in a lost village in the most lost part of england... so probably wont get the chance of it until the end of the summer...

im sure you could test what im saying. its just that the screen moves horizontally when it is closed... does it hapen to your macbook??
QUOTE Thanks
cowasaki

cowasaki is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

No but if you are in England then there are numerous Apple stores around. Even if you cant get to one I would still speak to Apple about it. If you leave it till the end of the summer then tell them they may think you have damaged it.

Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.
QUOTE Thanks
Fidou

Fidou is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolulure View Post
hello!!

1.- when I close the lid of the laptop, the screen seems to move horizontally from right to left a few milimetres.... is that normal?

2.- if you close your laptop, you can notice that in the edge there is a white plastic "band" with screews on it. i dont know why in my laptop i can actually press into one of the sides and get lots of "flex".

Are this issues normal?

thanks
For issue 1, I reckon this is normal. I had the same concern (I bought my MB 3 weeks ago) and one day I was at the Apple store and tried to see on the laptops over there. They all had a "moving" screen when the lid is closed.

For issue 2, I'm not sure to understand what you're talking about
QUOTE Thanks
ki99

ki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

yea, the first one is perfectly normal, and i believe it happens to most macbooks. the second one may just mean one of those screws are loose, and you have have to screw it into place. if you are talking about the screws at the back by the fan and speakers, those screws tend to get loose fairly easily, and it's pretty common.
QUOTE Thanks
visualpurple

visualpurple has a spectacular aura about

the moving screen really freaked me out at first but eventually I just forgot about it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lid won't close? | omg omg i have totally screwed up »