07-11-2008, 09:58 AM #1
MacBooks... Please read! Help needed!
- Member Since
- Jul 11, 2008
I'm new to the forum and I've got a problem with my Macbook that seems to be confusing a few people... I'm hoping it's a common thing and someone can help! Here's the problem:
1) It started crashing ALL the time all of a sudden and re-launching OSX all the time.
2) About a year ago I swapped the RAM that I changed from 512mb to 2gb and thought that was the problem... it wasn't!
3) Put the RAM back in and formatted..... it seemed to be ok!
4) Once I had installed the 20-odd updates it needed, I restarted it.... nothing happened!!! It got to the point with the grey screen and the rotating 'loading' icon and nothing happened!
I have tried re-installing, which started off well, it got to the second disk and installed everything, then started installing the second disk again! I thought it was just having a hissy, so left it over night and when I woke up it was still installing the second disk over and over!
Please help, I do not have the cash for a new one! Is it a hardware problem? A software problem? I just don't know!
Thanks in advance for any help!
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM #2
- Member Since
- Nov 28, 2007
- Nambucca Heads Australia
- Imac 27", 3.3GHz, 512 flash storage, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra.
Try booting from install disk 1 and then go to Disk Utility and run Repair Disk from there and see what comes up. If all is okay erase the drive and start again.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By pramaprow in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 12Last Post: 06-21-2013, 05:08 PM
By Zeesh in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 3Last Post: 06-06-2012, 05:03 AM
By Jakari in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 0Last Post: 01-27-2012, 03:38 PM
By blairalmm in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
By lee_3033 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-27-2009, 04:28 PM