New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Polishing powerbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CJ064

CJ064 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

I have seen people painting iBooks, and the powerbooks are aluminum so my question is has anyone busted out the mothers and polished their powerbook yet, and if they did how long did it take to get the anodize off. I bet it would look prety sweet. Bling Bling Stats
QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

My PB is like a day old so I don't think im ready to try it yet but if it gets scratched or if someone else did it and it looked sweet I would definatly do it. Once its polished you wouldn't have to worry about scratches anymore either.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I don't see why it wouldn't work.
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

iKlear (or is it iKlean?) polish seems to work great. I picked up a bottle for $10 at the Apple store, and it made my Mac look brand spanking new. It took off the film of "stuff" on the outside, and made the screen look new again. It also has an anti-static element so that dust doesn't attract to your screen. I *highly* recommend the stuff.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris22x
iKlear (or is it iKlean?) polish seems to work great. I picked up a bottle for $10 at the Apple store, and it made my Mac look brand spanking new. It took off the film of "stuff" on the outside, and made the screen look new again. It also has an anti-static element so that dust doesn't attract to your screen. I *highly* recommend the stuff.

I think he is talking about a more serious polishing, like polishing to the point that the surface has a mirror like shine.
QUOTE Thanks
bobx2001

i have used iKlear on my powerbook screen, and it works great, i was very impressed with the results. on the package it says it can clean the rest of the powerbook as well. i got 11 wipes left, so i might clean the whole powerbook
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

wassup this is my first post... anyway to the point... i was thinkin of customizing my PB im not sure what this polishing is all about. is that gonna make it a chrome or stainless steel type finish? I was lookin on pbparts.com and its like 100 bucks to buy another screen back, more for the bottom. i was thinkin about gettin some airbrushed graffitti or like a mural
QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

yes im talking polish it like take aluminum polish and make it shine. but first you would have to get through the anodize to do that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Extra Battery Needed - Suggestions? | Firewire drive mode »