New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Questions about the iBook, is it realy so great?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

X Im just meE o

Hello, I am planning on getting the new iBook G4, which it will say below after I post... But... I was wondering... Can the Powerbook rust? And since its made of Aluminum.... Can it bend? I am also considering the PowerBook... But... I only have till the 16th to decide......Since that is the last day to get the iBook/powerbook shipped before Christmas... And also... Should I just stick with the iBook... But... I'm scared, is it going to be easy scratched? Well... Back to the Powerbook... I Was just wondering, as I asked... "If it can rust"? and, "If it can dent..." thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Aluminum doesn't rust, but I am sure it can be dented, I don't think the PowerBooks are very good deals right now, they haven't changed then in awhile. The iBook on the other hand have undergone recent changes.
QUOTE Thanks
X Im just meE o

So, should I stick with the iBook, even though it is mroe expensive the the Powerbook?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

The iBook is more expensive than a PowerBook??? How did you configure it? The way I see it, to get a 12in PowerBook with a SuperDrive you are looking at $1800, while a 14in iBook w/ SuperDrive is only $1500
QUOTE Thanks
X Im just meE o

I customized it. It came out past $2,000. Which could be a 15" Powerbook.
But I didn't buy it, yet... Im not sure if I still want it.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Im just meE o
I customized it. It came out past $2,000.
What all did you add?
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

if your configuring it with a ton of ram, i'd save the money and buy it from crucial.com
-chris
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dual Core? | Do ibooks crash often? »