New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Video Card for the G4 ibook 1GHz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sp4rk3

Hey,

I was just looking at the requirements for World of Warcraft and have noticed that although the previous model ibook G4, (1GHz), does not have sufficent VMemory to play the game. I was wondering are there ways around this? Have any ibook users still played it without the VRAM and if you happen to know if there's any way other than upgrading to a powerbook so I can play this game. Thank you for your time, and I hope your experience with apples was as fruitful as mine, (yes it's a pun, so kill me, lol).

-Sparks
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

All G4 iBooks have a Mobility Radeon 9200 with 32mb of video memory. I run WoW on my PC laptop which has the same graphics card w/ 32mb of video memory just fine. 32mb is the minmum recommended amount of video memory needed to play WoW.
QUOTE Thanks
BroHaas

Can you upgrade the vid card in the ibook?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroHaas
Can you upgrade the vid card in the ibook?
Doubt it, I am pretty sure it is part of the logic board, but I am not 100% sure.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

No you can't...

You can't upgrade it afterwards and there is no custom build-to-order option either (like the powerbooks have)
QUOTE Thanks
Sp4rk3

Hey,

So, since you can't upgrade it before/after, then will it run on a ibook G4?
QUOTE Thanks
McGuillicuddy

This has been discussed in the games forum. I think the consensus is that it does run, but whether it runs well enough to play depends on the individual.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 12' and 14' | titanium 800MHz change harddisk »