New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MB 2.4ghz or MBP 2.2ghz?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kriipsujuku

kriipsujuku is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am looking at buying a laptop to edit hi-res photos, graphic work, web design, animation and some video editing.

After some research, im certain that for my budget i can purchase a new macbook 2.4ghz with 2GB RAM or a secondhand macbook pro with 2GB RAM and a processor speed of 2.16ghz or 2.2ghz.

Not sure of my personal choice of screen size as of yet but am interested to hear peoples thoughts on the performance of the two machines and any other info on the pros and cons of the two side by side.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
CodeSamurai

CodeSamurai has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD

Hello! From personal experience, I would be apt to buy either the 2.2Ghz or the 2.4Ghz models. The reason being is that they upgraded the graphics cards from the ATI X1600 to the Nvidia 8600m gt. This was really important for me. Also, you get an LED backlit screen (slightly brighter and better battery life) over the 2.16Ghz model. I think you'd be happier with the 2.2Ghz or the 2.4Ghz. Depending on what date the 2.4Ghz model was released, you might even get a multi-touch trackpad. Give us more specs and we'll let you know!

Trent out

CodeSamurai | Facebook
Twitter >> Flickr
15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM
QUOTE Thanks
worldsmediashop

worldsmediashop is an unknown at this point

it doesn't matter that much.. not a big differences in speed i promise you... at least if you aren't a professional professional.. then you can't tell the differences
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help diagnossing MacBook | Replacement LCD? »