New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Start up problems - help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

charie

charie is on a distinguished road

Whenever I start or restart my new MBP it takes upwards of 10 minutes for it to completely boot up. Sometimes it will get stuck with the pinwheel spinning but nothing happening. Other times it will boot most of the way to where my HD icon is showing but the task bar won't respond.

It seems like the HD is not completely booting up. I ran the disk utility and it said that all was fine but it doesn't seem find.

Suggestions? I need it to boot faster - it is brand new but I also need it to perform without locking up. I'm not running any crazy programs or even multiple ones at the same time.

Please help
QUOTE Thanks
rianm7

rianm7 is on a distinguished road

Hm....try repairing Disk Permissions (if you haven't already done that) and download a program like OnyX or MainMenu and clean the System Cache and Boot Cache.

2.2 GHZ 15.4" MBP with NVIDIA GeForce GT 8600 and 2GB RAM

8GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Go to System Preferences>Accounts>Log In Items and make sure nothing is selected there at all, but specifically iTunes or such, will slow down boot times.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with battery/no battery usage | Moshi Palmguard for MB? »