asquithian
    Ibook G3 128mb ram
    im considering buying a G3 ibook for university...is 128mb of ram on a G3 700 enough to run cable internet apple works and maybe microsoft office...im not doin anything else major on it...

main question is whether 128mb is enough...(main reason why im considering an ibook is becasue of its size...and battery life...)

and wondering how compatable is apple works with ms word?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    The G3 is fine for what you're doing. I would MAX out the RAM though. Go with 640 MB, you really won't be sorry!
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

asquithian
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb
    The G3 is fine for what you're doing. I would MAX out the RAM though. Go with 640 MB, you really won't be sorry!

well im a uni student and well dollars are important...

more ram = more monney that i have to spend

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You won't regrat spending the money. You can get the additional memory from a third party (i.e. crucial , memory to go ).

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Well as rman said, the RAM is definitely worth it. You can find it pretty cheap online. My suggestion is to buy as much memory as your can afford and maybe add more later.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

nko
    A lot of people tend to suggest just spending the extra money. I'm a uni student, too (well, went back to a CC, but still expensive, especially since I have a baby boy on the way). For us, there's no such thing as a couple hundred dollars being worth it; it's all just out of the question. If I can save up $1500 after bills for school, I can afford to live and also afford a $1000 iBook (not that I'm in the market). No, not the $1100 iBook with more RAM, just the default $999 one. After that, my shopping list is diapers, ramen, TP and milk for the next paycheck. After that, I'm fine. Extra RAM? Doesn't fit. Budget's absolutely too small.

This is just me, though, and I'm not in the market, and wont be for a long time

Him, though, he doesn't likely have a baby to worry about, so money's only more flexible to the point where buying the iBook wouldn't make him feel a world of guilt, but just a little hunger for not-cheap food for a while.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    If that's the case I would look into Apple's refurbished products plus look at http://www.dealmac.com it's a great site for great prices.

Thread Information