New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Fan won't stop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bienenmann

Hi,

I think the problem first occured since I updated to 10.3.6 or the latest security update. Even in idle the fan is slowly spinning. I put the energy saving prefs to auto. does sb know this problem and have a clue?
I'm not sure if it does make any sense to reset PMU so I did not do that yet. Should I try?

greetz
bienenmann
QUOTE Thanks
taylaner

taylaner is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" PowerBook G4 1GB ram 1,33Ghz superdrive,

i had the same problem eith my PB, try this:
applications>utility>activity monitor...
on the right upper corner click the bar and select "all processes" then click ont "%CPU" ont list and look which program is using your cpu at most
sorry fot my english , hope u understand it....
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yes, either you have a application running in the background that is using up resources without you knowing it, or maybe just try resetting the PMU...
QUOTE Thanks
bienenmann

Hi,

thank you for your advice. when i run activity monitor the maximum %CPU value is 10% for activity monitor and 9% for word 2k4.
resetting pmu didn't help

cya
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there a significant difference... | Just ordered my new powerbook »