New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Million dollar question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

edzz

edzz is on a distinguished road

now that i have your attention!!I'm looking in these days to treat myself to a new mobile phone, compatible with my powerbook.Open to all suggestions.Living in italy and using vodafone at the moment.All advice appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

yes buy a phone which makes calls
because that what a phone/moblie phone is for
who wants to pay £200-300 for a camera phone when you can buy a boss digi cam for that extra cash you pay for a little ****y low res camera phone you can buy a no frill's nokia mobie for about £20 now-a-days
QUOTE Thanks
i_am_petro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edzz
now that i have your attention!!I'm looking in these days to treat myself to a new mobile phone, compatible with my powerbook.Open to all suggestions.Living in italy and using vodafone at the moment.All advice appreciated.
Get a Sony Ericcson... they're compatable with macs! I have the t616 and it syncs up to my powerbook via bluetooth... pretty cool stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
edzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_petro
Get a Sony Ericcson... they're compatable with macs! I have the t616 and it syncs up to my powerbook via bluetooth... pretty cool stuff.
I'll look into the t616 tomorrow.In the meantime many thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
edzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danster
yes buy a phone which makes calls
because that what a phone/moblie phone is for
who wants to pay £200-300 for a camera phone when you can buy a boss digi cam for that extra cash you pay for a little ****y low res camera phone you can buy a no frill's nokia mobie for about £20 now-a-days
Thanks danster that's also all i'm looking for is a half descent phone- not a camera etc.<but with that said it must have bluetooth to sync with my mac.will check out a few things tomorrow.was asking because i've had bad experiences with cheap nokias.thinking i will try sony erricson,will let you know in the end.ciao
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Thanks danster that's also all i'm looking for is a half descent phone- not a camera etc.<but with that said it must have bluetooth to sync with my mac.will check out a few things tomorrow.was asking because i've had bad experiences with cheap nokias.thinking i will try sony erricson,will let you know in the end.ciao
I have the Motorola V505, although Apple says you need the USB cable to sync, you can still do one entry from your Address Book at a time, sucks I know. But the other bluetooth features work. I copied MP3 music clips to mine to play as a ringer (Ozzy!) and I have successfully connected to the internet thru it using GPRS. Pretty snazzy when I can sit in my truck out on a job site and connect to the internet. Speed is pretty good too, faster than dialup it seems.
QUOTE Thanks
edzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCT
I have the Motorola V505, although Apple says you need the USB cable to sync, you can still do one entry from your Address Book at a time, sucks I know. But the other bluetooth features work. I copied MP3 music clips to mine to play as a ringer (Ozzy!) and I have successfully connected to the internet thru it using GPRS. Pretty snazzy when I can sit in my truck out on a job site and connect to the internet. Speed is pretty good too, faster than dialup it seems.
Thanks IanCT for sharing that.I'm actually going today to buy one and i will look into it.Here in Italy at the moment there is an offer on a Nokia v550 which usually retails at 299.00 euros and from now till Christmas they give you two phones for the price of one.I tried to get info on that model but can't seem to find out if it is mac compatible or not.Anyone know anything about that model?
QUOTE Thanks
i_am_petro

Quote:
Thanks IanCT for sharing that.I'm actually going today to buy one and i will look into it.Here in Italy at the moment there is an offer on a Nokia v550 which usually retails at 299.00 euros and from now till Christmas they give you two phones for the price of one.I tried to get info on that model but can't seem to find out if it is mac compatible or not.Anyone know anything about that model?

So what did you end up buying? i'm curious...
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
P900 and P910i don't Sync well with Tiger. Works fine with Panther though so long as you have the latest iSync. See ad...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sync.jpg (34.7 KB, 52 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

sony ericson is the way to go, salling clicker is the best, it does so much, you can control your ibook/powerbook frmo the cell phone, play slideshows, etc. I recently was in discussion with the developers and no other phones are planned on ever supporting salling clicker or anything like it.
QUOTE Thanks
edzz

Quote:
So what did you end up buying? i'm curious...
Ciao I_am_petro,so yesterday i went out and bought myself a SonyEriccson z600 model.The price and model seemed o.k for my needs.(199.00 euros)last night i synced everything from my powerbook to the phone in about two minutes.(man i love tecnology.)Today i will learn how to connect with bluetooth to send/receive e-mails,and explore the many things the phone is capable of doing but so far so good.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« when is the new powerbook is gonna be released? | Port 3689 being blocked by Firewall? HUH??????? »