Million dollar question
    now that i have your attention!!I'm looking in these days to treat myself to a new mobile phone, compatible with my powerbook.Open to all suggestions.Living in italy and using vodafone at the moment.All advice appreciated.

Danster
    yes buy a phone which makes calls
    because that what a phone/moblie phone is for
    who wants to pay 200-300 for a camera phone when you can buy a boss digi cam for that extra cash you pay for a little ****y low res camera phone you can buy a no frill's nokia mobie for about 20 now-a-days

i_am_petro
    Quote Originally Posted by edzz
    now that i have your attention!!I'm looking in these days to treat myself to a new mobile phone, compatible with my powerbook.Open to all suggestions.Living in italy and using vodafone at the moment.All advice appreciated.
    Get a Sony Ericcson... they're compatable with macs! I have the t616 and it syncs up to my powerbook via bluetooth... pretty cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_petro
    Get a Sony Ericcson... they're compatable with macs! I have the t616 and it syncs up to my powerbook via bluetooth... pretty cool stuff.
    I'll look into the t616 tomorrow.In the meantime many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danster
    yes buy a phone which makes calls
    because that what a phone/moblie phone is for
    who wants to pay 200-300 for a camera phone when you can buy a boss digi cam for that extra cash you pay for a little ****y low res camera phone you can buy a no frill's nokia mobie for about 20 now-a-days
    Thanks danster that's also all i'm looking for is a half descent phone- not a camera etc.<but with that said it must have bluetooth to sync with my mac.will check out a few things tomorrow.was asking because i've had bad experiences with cheap nokias.thinking i will try sony erricson,will let you know in the end.ciao

Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
    Thanks danster that's also all i'm looking for is a half descent phone- not a camera etc.<but with that said it must have bluetooth to sync with my mac.will check out a few things tomorrow.was asking because i've had bad experiences with cheap nokias.thinking i will try sony erricson,will let you know in the end.ciao
    I have the Motorola V505, although Apple says you need the USB cable to sync, you can still do one entry from your Address Book at a time, sucks I know. But the other bluetooth features work. I copied MP3 music clips to mine to play as a ringer (Ozzy!) and I have successfully connected to the internet thru it using GPRS. Pretty snazzy when I can sit in my truck out on a job site and connect to the internet. Speed is pretty good too, faster than dialup it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by IanCT
    I have the Motorola V505, although Apple says you need the USB cable to sync, you can still do one entry from your Address Book at a time, sucks I know. But the other bluetooth features work. I copied MP3 music clips to mine to play as a ringer (Ozzy!) and I have successfully connected to the internet thru it using GPRS. Pretty snazzy when I can sit in my truck out on a job site and connect to the internet. Speed is pretty good too, faster than dialup it seems.
    Thanks IanCT for sharing that.I'm actually going today to buy one and i will look into it.Here in Italy at the moment there is an offer on a Nokia v550 which usually retails at 299.00 euros and from now till Christmas they give you two phones for the price of one.I tried to get info on that model but can't seem to find out if it is mac compatible or not.Anyone know anything about that model?

i_am_petro
    Thanks IanCT for sharing that.I'm actually going today to buy one and i will look into it.Here in Italy at the moment there is an offer on a Nokia v550 which usually retails at 299.00 euros and from now till Christmas they give you two phones for the price of one.I tried to get info on that model but can't seem to find out if it is mac compatible or not.Anyone know anything about that model?

So what did you end up buying? i'm curious...

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    P900 and P910i don't Sync well with Tiger. Works fine with Panther though so long as you have the latest iSync. See ad...

Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    sony ericson is the way to go, salling clicker is the best, it does so much, you can control your ibook/powerbook frmo the cell phone, play slideshows, etc. I recently was in discussion with the developers and no other phones are planned on ever supporting salling clicker or anything like it.

So what did you end up buying? i'm curious...
    Ciao I_am_petro,so yesterday i went out and bought myself a SonyEriccson z600 model.The price and model seemed o.k for my needs.(199.00 euros)last night i synced everything from my powerbook to the phone in about two minutes.(man i love tecnology.)Today i will learn how to connect with bluetooth to send/receive e-mails,and explore the many things the phone is capable of doing but so far so good.

Thread Information