Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Specs:
    IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Most major computer manufacturers have stopped using the term "laptop" to refer to portable computers. The reason for this is that most of them are not designed to be comfortably used on that kind of a surface.
    ..hehe also cause they make us guys go sterile!
    Diana F+
    HOLGA 135
    Actionsampler

Specs:
    MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
    Less expensive, can run advanced applications at ease, gloss screen (i like it better).

Specs:
    2.16 MB white, upgraded to 2gb RAM, 2 apple HD failures - now WD 250gb Scorpio Black
    less expensive... more convenient to carry and use, and something not mentioned yet (though alluded to)

EASE OF SWAPPING THE HARD DRIVE...

IN retrospect, I wish I had gotten a firewire external enclosure, gotten the standard drive, and immediately swapped to Larger more durable drive (yes,I originally had one of the 120Gb seagates).

Memory And hard drive prices have fallen so much, and it is so easy to swap them out (5 minutes? 10 the first time?) that there is no reason to buy larger drives and memory at apple prices.

Memory is $45 for 2gb $109 for 4gb, and anyone can change it out,
    WD Scorpion Black 320 GB 7200 for 179, 250GB for 139, 160GB for 109 again easy to change out, and no real disassembly (other than swapping the cradle/mount over with a t-8 or a jewelers flatbladed screwdriver).

It was that upgradeability that decided me on getting the white MB (for now) over the MBP (or the black). I'll pick up an MBP 15" later for photo work, as the screen on the MB is not as great for that type of work and the backlighting does dim with age unlike the LED.
    For now though, I just use the Mini DVI to DVIadapter ($19) adn a DVI to HDMI cable to connect it to my HDTV...
    Cost a lot less than and apple display or an MBP!!!

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
    MacBook is great but I love my MacBook Pro more. hehehehehe

Specs:
    Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
    I love my macbook more compared to a macbook pro. Mine's easy to carry around. Can do everything I want on a computer, and best of all. It stands out!

One trick you can do with the LCD of the Macbook that the LED screen of the MBP might no be able to do (?), is:

When you're up in the hills or something for the day, you can turn your screen brightness down to zero, and if you shine sunlight on the screen you can still read it "fairly well". This gives a massive increase on battery time, perhaps 50% extra. The screen looks green and other colours are lost, and you should keep the sun off the base so the fan doesn't turn on, but it is a way to get a 9-hour battery life from a brand new MB if all you want to do is type or read

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    One trick you can do with the LCD of the Macbook that the LED screen of the MBP might no be able to do (?), is:

When you're up in the hills or something for the day, you can turn your screen brightness down to zero, and if you shine sunlight on the screen you can still read it "fairly well". This gives a massive increase on battery time, perhaps 50% extra. The screen looks green and other colours are lost, and you should keep the sun off the base so the fan doesn't turn on, but it is a way to get a 9-hour battery life from a brand new MB if all you want to do is type or read
    cant you do that inside as well if you just set the comp under a lamp
    Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

Quote Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
    cant you do that inside as well if you just set the comp under a lamp
    Yes, but at home you don't need to run off the battery.

Thread Information