A few MacBook Pro questions/problems
    I just got a new macbook pro to replace my old one, and I have a few questions, (I decided to make this a new post instead of adding to the other seperate question of mine)

My new mbp seems to have a few little round type stains on the bottom of the battery, their just a different shade of silver kind of, so when you turn the battery a certain way you see them, has anyone else noticed this with any macbook pro? What might be a good way to clean it if so because they look like smudges but I can't really get them off with a damp washcloft.

There is one pink pixel that stays pink thats really tiny but noticable on my screen. I tried to use on of those programs to get rid of it that flashes different colors but it didn't get rid of it. Is there any other way to get rid of the stuck pixel?

Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
    Nope, return it to Apple and get a replacement or it'll bug you forever! You have 14 days to return items without any reason
    Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.

does anyone else have any dead pixels??? Do oyou find them annoying.

Miami, Fl
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    Quote Originally Posted by weste47 View Post
    does anyone else have any dead pixels??? Do oyou find them annoying.
    I don't think apple will replace your screen unless there are a few stuck pixles...

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Australia, Melbourne :D
    Melbourne, Australia
    just get some more to stick XD
    Modded Macbook Pro 15" | 1920x1200 Res | 500GB HDD | 2GB Ram | Retro Apple Logo | X1600 |

MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
    If its after like 6-10 months you get 1 dodgey pixel then fair enough but out of the box that's unacceptable.. Take it to the able store and refuse to leave without a new mbp or a new screen take a tent if need be

Thread Information