New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - constant static from left speaker when magsafe is in

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

weste47

weste47 is on a distinguished road

Ok, well today I just replaced my macbook pro since I had only had it for 11 days and it had a clicking sound on the right. The new one I got has thankfully no clicking noise on the right, but like my last mbp has the static sound from the left speaker or around it it seems to be about at the f2 key or so. whenever the magsafe is plugged in. I here this is quite common in the 15" macbook pro's. Do you think an update will be able to fix this?????

edit: it doesn't make any noise whatsoever when the magsafe isn't plugged in.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If two MacBook Pros have had the same problem, I would be looking for something common to both - like maybe interference coming off your AC mains at home.

What happens if you take your new MBP somewhere else and plug it into the AC mains?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

I plugged it into a few different sockets to check. It does it on all of them. It's not very noticable but can be heard when the magsafe is plugged in and you put your ear up to around the magsafe area, around the esc key. I have a 2.5ghz model if that helps. A friend of mine tells me this happens to a certain degree with the most of the new macbook pro's for some reason but I'm not sure why.
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

anyone?

It's not from the speakers it's from the magsafe it seems or around the magsafe area. It's just a static hissing buzzing type noise coming from there whenever the magsafe is in. When it is unplugged it stops.
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

anyone else have this? I really don't want to replace it again unless some of them actually don't have this sound to some degree.
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bag For College Student?? | tracking device »