New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Won't charge battery power adapter light not on

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macbook13black

macbook13black is on a distinguished road

I have a 2 GHz intel core duo macbook, running leopard but the problem still existed with tiger. My sister has a macbook that runs perfect, so i took my power cord and tested it with hers, the cord works and the light turns on, and her battery works in my computer. But my computer won't charge a battery and the light on the power cord won't turn on....sometimes if i put her charged battery in my computer (mine is also dead) the second i plug the adapter in a green light flashes once then cuts out again. Also the macbook over heats in the top left corner where the cord meets computer leading me to believe that its not the battery connector but something else. Also since ive had her battery in my computer i noticed that it stays at 98% it has not gone down even though the light still isn't on, so with a good battery it seems although i cannot charge a battery it will not lose any power. any help will be much appreciated. thanks
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Searching around, I haven't found any reasons that would cause the problem, and right now all I cans ay is you'll probably have to get that fixed. An inevitable solution, it seems.

QUOTE Thanks
macbook13black

yeah i mean that much i know, does anyone know what part i might need to replace, apple charges 280 for anything i take it in for and i'm willing to pull this thing apart...
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

I'll try and find that for you. I'll edit this post with my findings.

QUOTE Thanks
macbook13black

I think i might need a new magsafe DC-in Board since it over heats in that area, also a reason im thinking its not the battery connector is because when i connect a charged battery my computer uses it without a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
johnjakob

johnjakob is on a distinguished road

Greetings I have the same or similar problem. Although mine does not seem to overheat by the mag-safe. I was wondering if you figured anything out short of replacing the logic board.

Thank You
QUOTE Thanks
Evaevaeva

Evaevaeva is on a distinguished road

hi,
i've just experienced the very same problem. wonder what did the apple technician tell you about this problem and how much did they charge?
thanks alot
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

At this point you could try resetting the SMC this is for a MacBookPro so hunt round for your model and while at it i would do the PRAM start here and then finally if that works do a Battery Calibration here which once again is based on MacBookPro so look for your model. May not help but worth a shot if repair is the only other choice
QUOTE Thanks
chadwickboggs

chadwickboggs is on a distinguished road

I just took off the bottom plate, disconnected the battery wire, reconnected it, replaced the plate, and then everything worked fine.
QUOTE Thanks
ferritt33

ferritt33 is on a distinguished road

Is there any chance you could link where you got the replacement plate from I'm having difficulty finding them, thank you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My HD from my mid-2009 Macbook Pro 13" died. Which SSD should I get? | MacBook Pro 15'' (2011) very slow, problems on shutdown »