New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MBP Repair / Refurbish / Still under AppleCare...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gooodrats

Gooodrats is on a distinguished road

Hey guys

My MBP is roughly 1.5 years old and is still covered under Apple Care.

My question is this:

My computer has a bunch of small cosmetic issues. The screen flops, some of the aluminum is chipped, there is an ugly grease/usage stain on the touch pad, some of the keys are crooked, and the clasp that holds the screen closed is semi-screwy.

Not to mention my laptop randomly freezes and restarts occasionally.

I work in a very trendy clothing store and use my laptop to play music off of. My boss has asked that I somehow get my laptop cleaned up, and I would really like to do so for both him and myself!

Has anyone ever heard of Apple doing a complete cosmetic clean/repair/whatever? I'd like it to look brand new and I am certainly willing to pay...

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

i would recommend calling an apple care person and telling them about your issues especially if any of these problems came from normal usage. i sent my macbook in a few months ago because i had some chipping occurring around the edges and they not only replaced that top facia around the keyboard but also gave me a new touchpad, power button, and keyboard. call and see what hey say before you spend money. you can certainly send it off to pay to have these things fixed but i bet if your honest and polite to your apple care person they will be straight up with you about what you can get replaced for free if anything.

if they are going to fix any of it then i would send it in to them first and see if they might throw in a little extra love for ya.

if they are not going to do anything for ya then you can google sites that will replace things for you or you can buy the parts and do it yourself if your handy.

good luck
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

good luck, that sounds like all standard "wear and tear" to me. they dont owe you squat!

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
Gooodrats

Gooodrats is on a distinguished road

Yes, I know it's standard wear and tear. Has anyone heard of a case where someone has had their laptop made to look like new again?
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

you could make it look brand new if you wanted.

everything you wold need is here.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook vs. MacBook Pro | I want to upgrade my PB hdd, will GeekSquad do it? »