New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - battery confusion....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sports_Matt_22

Sports_Matt_22 is on a distinguished road

Hey all.
I'm somewhat new to this Mac thing. I used them in high school and decided to get one for college. This is my first MacBook (2GB model) and I like it a lot but I have a couple of nit picky questions

The first few days I had it I turned it off every couple of nights but now (it's been about 2-3 weeks) since I use it so much I simply put it into sleep mode every night. It's always plugged in and the light on the charger is always glowing green--fully charged. However, my battery status has recently stopped reading 100%. The last 4 or so days it has been at 99% and today it dropped to 98%, despite the fact it hasn't been unplugged for any long period of time.

So my question: is this something I should worry about? Is there something I can or should do to get those two percentage points of charge on the battery back up, or should I let it be and hope nothing happens? (yes, I have tried re-booting it) And when I view my remaining battery life, it reads "charged." ANY advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!
QUOTE Thanks
Dec540

Dec540 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.

it says fully charged at 98%? if so i have had the same problem.. I just drained the battery completely and charged it back up and it was sweet.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

DEC is correct, you probably just need to calibrate the battery. Use the Macbook on battery power till it gets totally run down (i.e. the computer puts itself to Sleep). Then leave it on the charger overnight. Make sure not to use it in this time.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Sports_Matt_22

Sports_Matt_22 is on a distinguished road

hey thanks for the help guys i really appreciated it! this is why i joined the mac forum
QUOTE Thanks
seanb511

seanb511 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 1.83GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD(Tiger/Leopard). + 4Gen 20GB IPOD. 1GEN 2GB NANO

There is another thing in case of a future problem if the AC doesn't charge take out the battery and unplug the AC and then plug both back in again and hold the power put until light at the bottom blinks and a sound is made. Most battery problems are usually fixed by the holding of the button before startup.
I know your problem is fixed but like i mentioned future reference.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Screen and brightness | Confused about Macbook colors... »