New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - 2.5 or 2.6ghz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ripthejacker

ripthejacker is on a distinguished road

hey guys, end of this week im upgrading my from my macbook and getting a MBP. My question I suppose seems a little trivial but is it worth the extra few hundred for the .6 upgrade if it will make that bit of a difference or should I put that towards applecare or something? I will be going to uni to study graphic design so really want a top machine and will be sticking to apple for sure!

thanks guys!
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

I would get the 2.5, they have the same cache, just .1 more ghz. Isn't worth the price to upgrade to just 2.6 if you ask me.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

weste47 is on a distinguished road

from what I've read, the difference really isn't worth the money. You get a $100 dollar discount on your computer if you buy applecare when you buy it to. But since you have a year warentee to start with and applecare is two years I guess it doesn't make much of a difference. But from what I here it isn't worth it.
QUOTE Thanks
Sports_Matt_22

Sports_Matt_22 is on a distinguished road

i don't think .1 ghz is going to make a noticeable difference. the only place you may notice a difference is in your head; i think it's a perceived upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook wont run, exited abnormally error?? please help | Clicky noise »