New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Could a (2.4 or 2.5 ghz) MacBook Pro user check this out?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

weste47

weste47 is on a distinguished road

I just got my new macbook pro last saturday. I hear a little clicking type scrolling ipod scrolling type noise over by the eject button or the delete key when scrolling up and down in itunes, (thats where it is the most noticable.) I took it in because i was worried and the geniuses at the mac store said they didn't notice anything out of the norm. But could someone who has a 2.4 or 2.5 ghz macbook pro, put there ear up to the delete key and then use the scroll bar and scroll up and down in itunes through your music and see if you here the little scrolling type noise. It's not from the speakers I think because I still here it when they are muted when I scroll. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
mo_albaker

mo_albaker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weste47 View Post
I just got my new macbook pro last saturday. I hear a little clicking type scrolling ipod scrolling type noise over by the eject button or the delete key when scrolling up and down in itunes, (thats where it is the most noticable.) I took it in because i was worried and the geniuses at the mac store said they didn't notice anything out of the norm. But could someone who has a 2.4 or 2.5 ghz macbook pro, put there ear up to the delete key and then use the scroll bar and scroll up and down in itunes through your music and see if you here the little scrolling type noise. It's not from the speakers I think because I still here it when they are muted when I scroll. Thanks.
Hi there,
i have the 2.4GHZ MacBook Pro and i did exactly what you were talking about, i didnt hear any clicking noise.

thank you
Mohammed

17' 2.4GHZ MBP C2D, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD
2.8GHZ Mac Pro, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, 500GB HD
iPhone 8GB, iPod 80GB, tv 160GB
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

No clicking here either.

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

none here either.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

are you sure? I don't here the noise in bootcamp when I'm browsin or scrollin. Just listen really carefully and scroll up and down in itunes.
QUOTE Thanks
mo_albaker

mo_albaker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature...

Quote:
are you sure? I don't here the noise in bootcamp when I'm browsin or scrollin. Just listen really carefully and scroll up and down in itunes.
i have Vmware fusion and i dont hear any of the noises you are talking about!

take it back to the apple store and see if they can help you with this matter again!

good luck. let us know please.

mohammed

17' 2.4GHZ MBP C2D, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD
2.8GHZ Mac Pro, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, 500GB HD
iPhone 8GB, iPod 80GB, tv 160GB
QUOTE Thanks
roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

I hear it very quietly i have a 2.4 mbp only in itunes too....
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I work in a lab all day, I'm probably just too deaf to hear it

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

Quote:
Originally Posted by roffir View Post
I hear it very quietly i have a 2.4 mbp only in itunes too....
glad to here someone heres it so I know I'm not crazy or something. My moms fiance put his ear right up to it and couldn't here it which i thought was rediculous as I notice it when i put my ear up, so maybe some people just don't here it.. but thank you for all your feedback. If anyone else heres this it would be settling to know.
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

yo roffir, do you here it a little bit when playing youtube videos to?
QUOTE Thanks
roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

Quote:
yo roffir, do you here it a little bit when playing youtube videos to?
no i don't only in itunes but it's very clear to hear in itunes and it has nothing to do with the speakers i think....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Noise! | MacBook wont run, exited abnormally error?? please help »