Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   Could a (2.4 or 2.5 ghz) MacBook Pro user check this out? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/112962-could-2-4-2-5-ghz-macbook-pro-user-check-out.html)

weste47 06-21-2008 02:31 PM

Could a (2.4 or 2.5 ghz) MacBook Pro user check this out?

I just got my new macbook pro last saturday. I hear a little clicking type scrolling ipod scrolling type noise over by the eject button or the delete key when scrolling up and down in itunes, (thats where it is the most noticable.) I took it in because i was worried and the geniuses at the mac store said they didn't notice anything out of the norm. But could someone who has a 2.4 or 2.5 ghz macbook pro, put there ear up to the delete key and then use the scroll bar and scroll up and down in itunes through your music and see if you here the little scrolling type noise. It's not from the speakers I think because I still here it when they are muted when I scroll. Thanks.

mo_albaker 06-21-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weste47 (Post 678539)
I just got my new macbook pro last saturday. I hear a little clicking type scrolling ipod scrolling type noise over by the eject button or the delete key when scrolling up and down in itunes, (thats where it is the most noticable.) I took it in because i was worried and the geniuses at the mac store said they didn't notice anything out of the norm. But could someone who has a 2.4 or 2.5 ghz macbook pro, put there ear up to the delete key and then use the scroll bar and scroll up and down in itunes through your music and see if you here the little scrolling type noise. It's not from the speakers I think because I still here it when they are muted when I scroll. Thanks.

Hi there,
i have the 2.4GHZ MacBook Pro and i did exactly what you were talking about, i didnt hear any clicking noise.

thank you
Mohammed

fyrman22 06-21-2008 03:59 PM

No clicking here either.

Dysfunction 06-21-2008 04:26 PM

none here either.

weste47 06-21-2008 06:44 PM

are you sure? I don't here the noise in bootcamp when I'm browsin or scrollin. Just listen really carefully and scroll up and down in itunes.

mo_albaker 06-21-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weste47 (Post 678625)
are you sure? I don't here the noise in bootcamp when I'm browsin or scrollin. Just listen really carefully and scroll up and down in itunes.

i have Vmware fusion and i dont hear any of the noises you are talking about!

take it back to the apple store and see if they can help you with this matter again!

good luck. let us know please.

mohammed

roffir 06-22-2008 02:29 PM

I hear it very quietly i have a 2.4 mbp only in itunes too....

Dysfunction 06-22-2008 02:32 PM

I work in a lab all day, I'm probably just too deaf to hear it ;)

weste47 06-22-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roffir (Post 678976)
I hear it very quietly i have a 2.4 mbp only in itunes too....

glad to here someone heres it so I know I'm not crazy or something. My moms fiance put his ear right up to it and couldn't here it which i thought was rediculous as I notice it when i put my ear up, so maybe some people just don't here it.. but thank you for all your feedback. If anyone else heres this it would be settling to know.

weste47 06-22-2008 07:15 PM

yo roffir, do you here it a little bit when playing youtube videos to?

roffir 06-22-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weste47 (Post 679116)
yo roffir, do you here it a little bit when playing youtube videos to?

no i don't only in itunes but it's very clear to hear in itunes and it has nothing to do with the speakers i think....