New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - G4 won't boot up with Airport Card in

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ktreece777

ktreece777 is on a distinguished road

It's the weirdest thing. If I have my airport card in my computer doesn't boot up at all... it goes to the open firmware and at the top it says "Floating Point Unavailable with some numbers. If I unplug the airport card it will boot up fine. Any ideas?

Edit: I forgot... I have also tried another AirPort card so I know its not the card thats defective.
QUOTE Thanks
Concussion

Concussion is on a distinguished road

I had a very similar problem. With the airport card inserted, the booting process would end shortly after the start up tone on a 1.25 GHz Powerbook G4. It turned out that I was consistently not inserting the card far enough. When correctly inserted the card is pushed past the top edge of the casing. In my case this required more force than I expected. Surprisingly, with an improperly inserted card, the protective flap would close and the battery could be inserted without any problems.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« helping a friend fix their macbook | How to tell what type of CPU you have »