New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Pop and then high pitch noise

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

weste47

weste47 is on a distinguished road

Sometimes while I'm on my macbook pro it makes a little pop sound out of the speakers, then a high pitch sound comes out of the left side of the keyboard like the sound you here when a tv is on but not playing anything. It eventually goes away, but then it happens again. I just got the macbook last saturday. I read up on this but is this a little bit and it seems I'm not the only one... but is there any fix for this??? It is pretty annoying. It also doesn't seem to happen at all so far when the power cable isn't connected..
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

not exactly the same problem you are having but could be a similar issue and worth checking. look at my post here and see if this might be related to your problem.
QUOTE Thanks
iLaw

iLaw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS

I get a small pop occasionally too...

but it seems to go away when I turn the volume past 7 squares (and the sound isn't overpowering the pop, the pop happens before sound comes out)

iLaw
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010) + White 32GB Rogers iPhone 3GS
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, Intel HD/512 MB GeForce 330M Graphics, Hi-Res 15" Glossy Screen, Mac OS X v10.6
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

yeah that's how it is for me. Can it be fixed? Do you know if fix might be released?
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by weste47 View Post
It also doesn't seem to happen at all so far when the power cable isn't connected..
is this the case when you plug it in everywhere or do you normally plug it in to the same place?
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

well i usually just plug it in on the left
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

hahahaha

i meant into the same outlet or on the same circuit of outlets.

there are many things that can travel at a 60hz range within a given circuit in a home that can cause interference such as what i mentioned in my link above with the tv cable line.

this is a common problem with lots of homes and many devices but is most noticeable with speakers and some times video.

i was just trying to give some suggestions that might help you solve your problem.

i will just let you handle it then since you must know what your doing since you posted for help here.
QUOTE Thanks
weste47

well the way you said it was kind of confusing . If you had said. Do you plug it in different places on the wall, or the same place all the time.

I do plug it in in different places.
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

so you plug it in at other places and it always makes this noise no matter where it is?

if this is the case and it doesnt happen when it is not plugged in then it would have to be something related to charging. is there any chance you could get your hands on another power cable to test if it is possibly related to a faulty power cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weste47 View Post
It eventually goes away, but then it happens again.
this makes me think that the noise happens when it is charging and stops when its full and so on. just guessing here but this could be possible.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mic Jack/HD jack | Shuts down on bootup. »