New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Bag For College Student??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jay2325

jay2325 is on a distinguished road

Hey Everyone,

Im going off to college soon and i've been looking for a good bag to carry my 13" macbook in addition to some books, my ipod, etc. While i was searching, i found the Incase Nylon Backpack http://store.apple.com/us/product/TN...4&s=topSellers

if anyone has this bag and have any reviews or comments on it (good or bad) or know of any other bag that would be usable for my college life, any help would be great. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

Swiss Gear Synergy, a great bag, I got another one just shipped to me today, my last one was lost when i let a friend borrow it for the day. Buy.com is where i got it from for $50. 30$ cheaper than from apple.

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
Haw-Ky

Haw-Ky is on a distinguished road

I got a Targus. Found it cheaper at CompUSA.

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TCG650
QUOTE Thanks
bmxxx

bmxxx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB

I have the Incase Nylon Backpack (not the slim one) and I must say it is AMAZING. The notebook compartment is very well protected and both the main and secondary big pockets are full of mesh pockets to keep all of your gadgets AND their accessories neat and organized. Thick padding on the shoulder and hip straps is really nice to. And it is very durable. I think it would be a great bag for your macbook AND your stuff.

MacBook|2.4GHz|250GB/iPod G4|20 GB
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

I got a Targus 15" laptop case. it works good for my standards, which is just basic travel.

QUOTE Thanks
dibara2003

dibara2003 is on a distinguished road

i have a timbuk2 underground backpack i take to school. lots of space and it's pretty comfortable
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I just bought the incase nylon sleeve and put that in a normal backpack
QUOTE Thanks
Thunder82

Thunder82 is on a distinguished road

I like the WaterField bags and cases. They are somewhat expensive, but extremely durable and extremely well made. Check it out.. their website is www.sfbags.com
QUOTE Thanks
bmxxx

The fact of the matter is that pretty much any backpack you buy nowadays has a notebook compartment. Just find one that works for you and that will take good care of your notebook and you will be fine.

QUOTE Thanks
bmxxx

The fact of the matter is that pretty much any backpack you buy nowadays has a notebook compartment. Just find one that works for you and that will take good care of your notebook and you will be fine.

QUOTE Thanks
JPerry2010

JPerry2010 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch

Eh, I just bought a neoprene sleeve that was made for the MacBook, and I carry that around in a regular backpack that has a slot for a Notebook computer.

I think that you will find that to be your best option, as it doesn't completely scream "I have a laptop in me, so please steal me."

I don't wanna be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.
QUOTE Thanks
CodeSamurai

CodeSamurai has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD

Hello! I had that case for awhile. I wasn't a fan. If I remember correctly, I just found it to be a pain in the back. I switched back to the one I have been using for the past 3 years : http://www.ebags.com/ebags/downloade...?modelid=15025

It's awesome and I've never had a single problem with it. It works fine with 13-15", so macbooks/Pros work fine. I'm not sure about the 17". I'm a college student as well and having a lightweight backpack really helps. My fiancee had a swiss army laptop backpack that just about made her fall backwards every step she took. Not fun! Good luck!

Trent out

Edit...sorry guys, I didn't realize I cursed...I don't think I did really. I used a very non-curse word...but you live and learn I guess.

CodeSamurai | Facebook
Twitter >> Flickr
15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM
QUOTE Thanks
PROcedures

PROcedures is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro-2.4 GHz, 256 MB Video, 4 GB Ram, 250 Gig HD. 1TB Firewire E-HD, 22' HP Monitor.

Oakley makes awesome backpacks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook to MacBook Pro | constant static from left speaker when magsafe is in »