New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MacBook Pro Not Recognizing USB/Firewire

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

djwize

djwize is on a distinguished road

I have been searching different threads since yesterday and figured why not start my own. I have a Macbook Pro 10.5.3 2.16 GHz with 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. The problem that I am having is that neither of the 2 usb ports nor the 400 firewire port is recognizing any of my external hard drives. I recently bought a 320 GB Verbatim Firewire/USB Drive and it is not mounting or showing up in the System Profiler, Disk Utility, or Drive Genius. It is formatted for Mac and works fine on my other Mackbook. I am having the same problem with other external drives on my Macbook Pro and I have tried using different cables. All of my drives do not use external power; they are powered via USB or Firewire. The lights on the drives are coming on when plugged in but the disk never mounts anywhere. Thank you guys in advance for any help. It is much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
djwize

djwize is on a distinguished road

Somebody, please help....
QUOTE Thanks
FreshPants

FreshPants is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4, 1.07Ghz, 768 MB / iPod Video / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwize View Post
Somebody, please help....
sounds very like the problem I'm having with my ext HD except I can see mine in Disk Utility. Have alook in this thread. You might get something to work that I couldn't.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen Fuzzy After Resolution Decreased | advice for buying a PowerBook »