New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Price points?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
McGuillicuddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I've heard several people make the suggestion that now is not a good time to buy a Powerbook because Apple will be releasing an update soon. However, for those of us on a budget, will the updated Powerbooks come out at exactly the same price points as the current crop, or will they be a bit more expensive for a while and then slowly decline as the system ages?

From what I gather, the next Powerbook update won't be anything huge, so might it not be a good idea to get one now before having to pay extra for the new model?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

 
Aptmunich's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 09, 2004
Location: Munich
Posts: 9,075
Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Aptmunich is offline
They tend to be lower or similar in price...
Besides, if new ones are released, the current ones would drop in price, meaning you have a choice:

-pay x now, get current model
-pay x later, get latest model
-pay x-something later, get now-current, then old model

So it pays to wait if you can. If you need the machine right now, get it. If you can hold on: hold on to that cash...

Especially since you can currently get an iBook at similar speed for much less...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Another Dual Monitor Mystery.... | Does 30GB do it for ya? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
[help] Price range for used G3 / G4 / G5' ? Mr.Guvernment Apple Desktops 11 03-30-2004 10:26 PM
Great Price on iPods! Murlyn iPod Hardware and Accessories 1 09-15-2003 04:25 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?