New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Black MacBook or MacBook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

supaflyz

supaflyz is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to pick which notebook I should get to replace my old desktop. Somehow the hard drive keep messing up. Have to replace 3 in just 2 years. The two notebook Im trying to pick is the black macbook or the macbook pro. The macbook pro however is the refurbished one. The spec is 2.2ghz and 120 gb with the nvidia graphic card. The black macbook is however newer and has better specs. Which one would you guys recommend for me in dental school. The main functions would be typing papers, listening to some music, watch movies, do research paper, and perhaps photoshop. I dont play any computer games. Do you think photoshop would run smoothly on the black macbook? Also can I upgrade to a blu ray drive once they get cheaper?

The main difference between the two is the macbook pro will cost roughly $100 more than the black macbook. But the macbook pro has lower specs. Which one of them will last for at least 3-4 years.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Of the two with your intended uses I'd get the macbook, and yes.. photoshop will run on it.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Fidou

Fidou is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB

I would also go for the MB
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

Well if the specs are better and its new, definitely get the blackbook.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
supaflyz

supaflyz is on a distinguished road

I heard apple have a new cpu coming out in january? Im a noob in the computer stuff, is there a possibility I can upgrade it to that cpu? Also can I upgrade to a blu ray player and stick it in the cd drive once it's affordable?
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

you probably wont be able to do either upgrade. and if the upgrades are possible they will more than likely void your warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
axis3100

axis3100 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 500GB HDD 4GB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyz View Post
I heard apple have a new cpu coming out in january? Im a noob in the computer stuff, is there a possibility I can upgrade it to that cpu? Also can I upgrade to a blu ray player and stick it in the cd drive once it's affordable?
The new cpu will likely be a different socket type and won't be compatible with the current motherboards. I don't think the macbook's integrated video would be able to handle Hi-Def.

24" 3.06GHz iMac 4 Gb RAM
2.1GHz Macbook
16 GB iPod Touch
6 GB iPod Mini
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sudden shutdown issues? | How to find LCD model? »