New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Kind of techinical, regarding 17" LED LCD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Apple Bottom

Apple Bottom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17", 2.6Ghz C2D, 4GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 512M 8600m GT

Hi guys,

This is my first post, i been a long time mac user since the 90s (still own a Power Mac 9500 and a Performa 6400). Left to the PC world since 1999 till now. I just got a Macbook Pro 17" yesterday and loving it! Anyways on to the question:

I have a neighbor next door who has a Macbook Pro just like mine (his however has a bad LCD and out of warranty) and he was asking me if there was a way to convert his CCFL LCD 17" to a LED LCD unit like mine by simply swapping the LCD's and or related parts. Has anyone done such a thing? I have the knowledge and know-how to service any laptop or computer but i never tried that before, im not about to take mine apart to find out either.

Thanks in advance!

Apple Macbook Pro 17" , Intel 2.6Ghz Core 2 Duo 6MB Cache (Penryn), 4GB DDR2 PC5300 RAM, 200GB HDD 7200rpm SATA, 512MB nVidia 8600m GT, Mac OS-X 10.5.3 Leopard / Boot Camp Windows Vista x64
QUOTE Thanks
Apple Bottom

Apple Bottom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17", 2.6Ghz C2D, 4GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 512M 8600m GT

I guess no one knows....

Apple Macbook Pro 17" , Intel 2.6Ghz Core 2 Duo 6MB Cache (Penryn), 4GB DDR2 PC5300 RAM, 200GB HDD 7200rpm SATA, 512MB nVidia 8600m GT, Mac OS-X 10.5.3 Leopard / Boot Camp Windows Vista x64
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching left/right buttons without mouse attached | start up problem »