Question about removing battery & Time Machine on external HD
    Im going to remove my battery and then plug it back in in an attempt to solve my problem about the Battery not charging.

If I have my Time Machine running, and I have it run just prior to pulling out my battery then will all of my info on the computer be backed up for when I unplug the battery?

Im not sure if unplugging the battery re-sets everything to default or not, but I dont want to lose my pics and documents. I just want to make sure they will all be saved.

Please advise.

Specs:
    iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
    all you pictures and documents should be saved on your HD, so pulling the battery should not affect them. If you have a time machine backup then they will all be on the time machine as well, so you are extra safe there (unless you never saved them and just had them sitting there in the RAM, but thats unlikely). At the same time i'm not sure if unplugging the battery will solve your problem. Can you describe in detail what you mean when you say your computer is not charging?

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    No, unplugging the battery won't change anything, unless you were doing something requiring saving, and did not save before removing the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by eliehass View Post
    all you pictures and documents should be saved on your HD, so pulling the battery should not affect them. If you have a time machine backup then they will all be on the time machine as well, so you are extra safe there (unless you never saved them and just had them sitting there in the RAM, but thats unlikely). At the same time i'm not sure if unplugging the battery will solve your problem. Can you describe in detail what you mean when you say your computer is not charging?
    read my other post that I put up yesterday regarding my battery not charging. Hopefully you have some solution for me.

Specs:
    iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
    it looks like you have a dead battery. I had a similar issue, but my problem was that my DC input was broken... I would bring it in to an apple store and talk to a genius. See if replacing the battery solves the problem.

thanks for the advice bro. Ive got an appointment tomorrow with a Genius. Haha, ironically my warranty expires on the 11th of this month. Good timing MacBook!

Thread Information