New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

The Future of the PowerBook Duo

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dpaanlka

I started to create a website devoted to my long time favourite Apple Subnotebook, the PowerBok Duo family! It is conveniently located at powerbookduo.com which is a fantastic URL for such a site might I add.

I hope it can grow to become a de-fact standard internet resource for the PowerBook Duo, especially since up until now, there really is NO SUCH THING. Other sites were lousy looking, with broken links, ugly colors, incomplete information, and no graphics.

This is the future of the PowerBook Duo!

Please check it out and tell me what you think. Ideas, opinions, questions, comments.

So far there is an active forum, commercials, and a Duo production timeline. Be sure to join the forum if you have an interset in Duos.

Duo owners deserve this!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I always wanted one of those. Too expensive for me, though, back then. And not powerful enough now.

The commercials are great. ARA may be obsolete now, but there was nothing like it at the time. And the DuoDock...I still think there's a place for those in today's market. It would probably still be hailed as "innovative."

I get buy with my12" PowerBook, though.
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Hey that website is freaking cool! I saw the commercials. Pretty sweet!
QUOTE Thanks
xwonderboy85x

xwonderboy85x is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM

such a great concept... those could take off, but they'd have to bring the price of the docks down and have the notebook be more powerful as a stand-alone. Basically, it would have the power of an iBook when it's by itself, and a PowerBook when it's docked.
QUOTE Thanks
dpaanlka

After requests by some people to make different versions of the movies, heres what I'm working on for the commercials (will be up tonight most likely):

Duo Version: Low resolution, low sound quality, low FPS versions that can be played on PowerBook Duos, with any version of QuickTime starting at version 2.5. Uses Cinepack

Normal Version: The version that is already there. This must be played with the latest version of QuickTime 6 that support MPEG4.

Gigantic Version: Very high resolution, high framerate version that must be played on a pretty fast computer with QuickTime 6. Takes up the entire "white space" of the PowerBookDuo.com layout.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Squeaky Spacebar!!! | Hard drive upgrades for Clamshell iBook »