New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - UK student looking to buy in USA - advice please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mr_JT

Mr_JT is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am a UK student doing a year abroad for the 2008/2009 academic year. I am intending to buy a macbook pro from the US.

My questions are as follows,

How long does it take for one to be delivered? I will be arriving in the US and will need it within a week.

should I wait until I get into the US or should I look at contacting apple in the US and ordering before I go?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You will have to be in the US to buy an Apple from the US

If you are a student, take a look at the mac refurbs at the Apple store nearest you. You can save a lot of money, a Girl I worked with saved £500 on a MBP, and the mac is as good as new

It should take less than a week, you may be able to pick it up at an Apple store, you may need a US bank account and delivery address
QUOTE Thanks
Skyrider007

Skyrider007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4

Order it from the online Apple Higher Education store. You'll probably get a free printer (if ordered online) + iPod (back-to-school promotion). Price after discount is roughly the same as US Price. I got my MBP for about £1,100. Normal price is £1300. You also get HUGE discount on Apple Care 2yr warranty extension + Tech Support from £279 to £58.
QUOTE Thanks
Avenged Origami

Avenged Origami is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig

i agree with the above.
i was going to buy a US mac but went refurb
i recommend completely , there were no scratches or anything...

"mighty boosh rules" the panda knows best...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cursor Jumping Around While Typing! | When Do The New Mac Books Come Out? »