Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
    what brand of ram are you using on your powerbook
    hi can anyone recommend which ram manufactorurer / brand is compatible with the current powerbooks?

thanks in advance

Specs:
    anyone? anyone?!?

TylerMoney
    corsiar is good ram...I forget the website to go to, but someone will be able to tell you, eventually...infact, I'd like to know the site too...I can't seem to dig it out of my head...how frustrating...oh well..somone will know..but corsair is good.

TylerMoney
    oh yeah...so, I believe the website is crucial...crucial.com

there you go.

General_K
    Crucial did it for me.

starrin
    mushkin for me

StealthMode
    or go to memoryx.com as well. Seems to be about the same price as crucial though.

Specs:
    anyone use kingmax? or aware of the brand kingmax? btw besides those given brands.. do you know where would i be able to find out information about ram compatibillity with pbooks.. other than emailing the manufacturer..

Cloudane
    Kingston, but not by choice. It's what Jigsaw provided to the insurance people after the Powerbook with Crucial RAM in it was nicked.

I've already had to replace the Kingston stick once due to instability... thankfully it has a lifetime guarantee...

Crucial.com definitely the way to go.

danger_boy_13
    I am considering a 12" PowerBook, and I was just curious.
    Would you recommend just buying the upgraded RAM from Apple when I order the PB, or just buy it with the basic RAM and buy some from Crucial to install myself? The cost is about 100 less with the Crucial option, but the cost doesn't worry me too much, just curious on opinions.

Also, how hard is it to change your RAM and it doesn't void your warranty, does it?

mikee81
    I use Kingmax... from newegg.com (219$ for 1gb)

Cloudane
    Definitely go for Crucial rather than wasting 100 via Apple's overpriced RAM

It's very easy to change the RAM, and no it doesn't void your warranty. All you need is a Philips size 00 screwdriver to open the trapdoor with, and the rest is fairly obvious (if not, the manual tells you in detail)

gesteves
    I tried to buy from Crucial, but it was a pain in the *** because I'm overseas, so I ended up buying Samsung memory from Other World Computing. It arrived in 3 days and I even saved $50

danger_boy_13
    I think when my PowerBook arrives on wednesday, I am going to order the 1 GB Kingmax from Newegg. They have a lifetime warranty, and all the reviews for use on Macs don't show any problems. Plus it is only 200 rather than 480 from Crucial.

Cloudane
    Any with a lifetime warranty should be fine. Just don't get that "best buy" or "deal of the month" crap

My second Kingston stick is fine btw, it's nice having a stable Mac again *caresses it*

Thread Information