New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

1.33 or 1.5?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maxyboy

will i notice any difference in performance b/w 1.33 Mhz or 1.5 Mhz processors? I want to get a powerbook but can't decide yet. Both will have 1 Gb of RAM. I will be using this for Video and Photo applications. Will I also notice if I upgrade to a 128 Mbps Video card.

I am still thinking of either getting a powerbook or an HP laptop, but I am leaning on getting the pb.

thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Here's what you do. Wait just a few more months until Apple annoucnes a new PowerBook update, which they will, and then get that. You won't be sorry if you wait because then, the 1.33GHz, and the 1.5GHz PowerBooks would be considered "slow." Just a suggestions because I am doing the same. I was going to go ahead any go with the 1.5Ghz one, but I am gonna wait till Apple updates the PowerBooks.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

yup...Powerbook Updates should be around MWSF(Mac World San Fransisco) in January
QUOTE Thanks
maxyboy

thanks. I think I'll wait til Jan.
QUOTE Thanks
terpfan

terpfan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!

what do you think the update will be to? Liek how fast of a processor. I doubt they'd bring the g5 to notebooks. It kinda makes me upset that I just bought a powerbook in like august and they update it within 6 months. I do know that when I just recently had a major problem with the logic board, after it taking so long to be repaired I complained and spoke with a supervisor. She said if anything ever happens call me and we'll straight up replace it for you. lol but im happy hopefully its not such a huge difference.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

I'm waiting for the new revisions as well, along with Tiger to release, then I am buying my new PB. Should be worth the upgrade
QUOTE Thanks
prozach1576

The next PowerBooks will feature Dual Core G4 processors and will kick all kinds of ***. I can't wait.
QUOTE Thanks
terpfan

terpfan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!

whats a dual core processor?
QUOTE Thanks
Yuniverse

i was waiting for the new version but i just crossed the river and got Dell 700m for $980 after tax(Centrino 1.6 256MB upgraded to 512MB, 60GB).
I know, it's not a mac and i'm kinda sad(I've been a Mac user since '84), but for the price, i couldn't resist. And no, i didn't wanna get 1GHz iBook... I wanted the 1.33 or 1.5 15" Powerbook, but it would cost me another grand and then some.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

1.2 GHZ iBoook will kick the crap out of that thing(In allllll aspects)....it may cost an extra hundred dollars...But I have 7 computers.. I currently only have 1 one them a Mac, which is this lovely beauty I'm typing on. And do you know why I'm using the Mac to type this? Because the others are ALL Dells. Because it's the only computer in the house that works. Now, don't go off and say that it's because I don't maintain them. I personally maintain them. Virus scans every 4 days, spyware check and removal every day, each with its own firewall..And guess how many still work?
A big ol' fat goose egg.

I know Dell very well. Quite honestly, a retarded pineapple could make a better built computer.

If you'd like to see a real in depth of why I like Macs and not PCs, see http://www.bamerige.com/Apple-Just-Works.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
Yuniverse

I can't disagree... I just saw that Amazon sells 1.2 GHz ibook (12 inch) for $899...
Oh well....
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Your loss...
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

hey, as long as you're happy with your new OS of choice, then enjoy your computer...
if not, take back the dell and get the iBook
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
if not, take back the dell and get the iBook
I'd suggest the preceding...

:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
Yuniverse

I think i'll wait a while... Need some cash flow.

It's been over a month anyway.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just bought a 600 Mhz iBook G3 | Would 256mb »