New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook will not start up beyond kernal panic or grey screen with logo

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

charliecraig

charliecraig is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have a macbook intel core duo and it shut down in the middle of watching a youtube video. It will not startup freezes at grey screen with apple logo (no spinning disc). There are no abnormal sounds or extreme temperatures. The macbook is just over one year old.

I have tried the following:
Ran disk warrior 4 in target disc mode - no problems found
I cannot get into single user mode as it just keeps asking to restart
I cannot run the os cd in the macbook as it keeps asking to restart

The only thing I can really do is run the hardware test and no problems are found.
When I do shift option and choose the cd to startup from, it just asks to restart.

I have tried resetting the pram and changing the ram.

When I go into verbose, it tells me there is a kernal panic and something like panic (cpu 1 caller 0x0019140d) : pmap_flush_tlbs()

The restart screen is the multilingial one 'need to restart your computer hold down the power button for several seconds or press restart'

I have erased the hard drive and have tried to reinstall the os, now it will not run the cd at startup and it will not allow me to run in target disk mode.

Can anyone advise?
Many thanks
C
QUOTE Thanks
MacBookProJoe

MacBookProJoe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/

Boot off of youre system ten install disk and try to repair the disk. If that doesnt work its format time and reinstall.

My stuff
MBP 15" | 2.5ghz(Pen) | 4GB Ram | 320GB 7200 HD | 8600GTM

160Gig iPod | 80Gig iPod | 8Gig Nan | 4Gig Nan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade from 2x1gb to 2x2gb RAM not working | Apple Store Higher Resolution Screens »