New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - DVD drive and subtitles?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WebVantagePoint

WebVantagePoint is on a distinguished road

So i am having some problems with watching an anime dvd i have. When i try to watch the dvd using the mac dvd player everything is good, but the subtitles are messed up. the subtitles still show up but its very confusing, words are wrong and stuff like that. I know its not the dvd because when i put it into my xbox 360, the subtitles are understandable. I tried playing the dvd using VLC but then the subtitles dont even show up even though i can see the option for them, i also tried playing the dvd using WMP via VMware Fusion and the subtitles show up but still the words are mixed up and wrong. I have played this dvd in my old windows notebook and it worked fine.

So i thought it might be a dvd drive problem. Maybe there is a firmware update or something like that out there that i need. Any advice?

thanks in advance,
brett
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Replacing DVD with Hard Drive w/o optibay | cracking cases? »