Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: I got one!

  1. #1

    Absolute Zero's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 05, 2003
    Location
    I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Posts
    1,246
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Talking I got one!
    I got a PowewrBook! 12" COmbo 256 MB 40 GB hard drive.... shes sweet! better than my old *** iMac!

  2. #2

    Graphite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 25, 2003
    Location
    Tropical Island, Jealous?
    Posts
    5,279
    Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    Congrats mac dude!!!

  3. #3

    Absolute Zero's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 05, 2003
    Location
    I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Posts
    1,246
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite
    Congrats mac dude!!!
    Thanks! Its gonna take awhile to learn OS X... and get used to this wierd keyboard... and the trackpad, but I got my pro mouse!

  4. #4

    Emrys's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2002
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,345
    Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    Awesome!

    I have been thinking about getting an iBook too. Will have to go to SmalDog and take another look at them in person.

    Did you get an Apple loan? Has anybody gotten an Apple Loan?
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

  5. #5

    Graphite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 25, 2003
    Location
    Tropical Island, Jealous?
    Posts
    5,279
    Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    Shouldn't you be able to plug your old iMac keyboard in?

    im with ya on those iBooks, ive wanted one really badly for about a year now.. if i get enuf money from working my *** off this christmas ill get it. (summer money is for school, winter money is for macs)

    Ide read deep into the apple loan before you buy into it... bank loans would be better.

  6. #6
    hokiethang
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite
    Shouldn't you be able to plug your old iMac keyboard in?

    im with ya on those iBooks, ive wanted one really badly for about a year now.. if i get enuf money from working my *** off this christmas ill get it. (summer money is for school, winter money is for macs)

    Ide read deep into the apple loan before you buy into it... bank loans would be better.
    yeah the apple loan is definitely not the best. I read into it a bit and the interest rates can go really high, so i just used a fixed rate credit card that had a high enough limit to buy mine. Thats the only reason i have the card, is to buy this powerbook. But 7% interest is much better than the 26% i would have gotten with an apple loan.

  7. #7
    jazzjungle
    Guest
    Question PowerBook vs. Desk Top for Newbie?
    Congrats. on your recent Power Book acquisition! I am in the process of toying with the Mac transition. I currently am running a PC (sorry) system and am eagerly awaiting input as to which route I should take in my transition. My feeling is that I should transition gently by purchasing the versatile Power Book first and if I am totally converted get a desktop later when the G5 wrinkles have been ironed out!

    Any input will be considered valuable. I am looking at the 12" with 512 + 60.

  8. #8
    hokiethang
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzjungle
    Congrats. on your recent Power Book acquisition! I am in the process of toying with the Mac transition. I currently am running a PC (sorry) system and am eagerly awaiting input as to which route I should take in my transition. My feeling is that I should transition gently by purchasing the versatile Power Book first and if I am totally converted get a desktop later when the G5 wrinkles have been ironed out!

    Any input will be considered valuable. I am looking at the 12" with 512 + 60.
    the decision process depends on what you will be doing with it. If its just for e-mail, web browsing, word processing a powerbook would be a good option to start with. If you are going to use it for video editing or heavy processor intensive work like massive photoshopping, you probably should get the g5 first and then get a powerbook later. The powerbooks are powerful machines, but the G5 supposedly does everything so much better and faster, it would almost seem to be a waste.

  9. #9
    jazzjungle
    Guest
    Question Thank You For Input
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiethang
    the decision process depends on what you will be doing with it. If its just for e-mail, web browsing, word processing a powerbook would be a good option to start with. If you are going to use it for video editing or heavy processor intensive work like massive photoshopping, you probably should get the g5 first and then get a powerbook later. The powerbooks are powerful machines, but the G5 supposedly does everything so much better and faster, it would almost seem to be a waste.
    I really don't do any processor intensive work, so I think the PowerBook will meet my needs for everyday use. I am a terrible procrastinator (like many), and am nervous about a complete switch-over all at once, hence the laptop route.

    Do you agree that the PowerBook would be a good way to get acquainted with the OSX and Mac in general?

  10. #10

    Absolute Zero's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 05, 2003
    Location
    I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Posts
    1,246
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzjungle
    I really don't do any processor intensive work, so I think the PowerBook will meet my needs for everyday use. I am a terrible procrastinator (like many), and am nervous about a complete switch-over all at once, hence the laptop route.

    Do you agree that the PowerBook would be a good way to get acquainted with the OSX and Mac in general?
    The best way to learn OS X... ignore it... you'll learn it...
    lol thats what im doing now... What happend when I pushed the yellow button at the top? Clicked it to find out... WOOSH! Into the dock! SO cool...
    I kinda miss OS 9 tho... :footinmou

  11. #11

    Graphite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 25, 2003
    Location
    Tropical Island, Jealous?
    Posts
    5,279
    Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    It took me a good 2 or 3 months before I was OSX only. ever so often I run classic mode in OSX, but not in the last few months.. no need.. all my apps are OSX

  12. #12

    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    congrats on your new pb

  13. #13


    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
    congrats on your new pb
    why did you just respond to a two year old post of a banned member?
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

  14. #14

    Benjamindaines's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    A religiously oppressed state
    Posts
    2,789
    Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    why did you just respond to a two year old post of a banned member?
    wow some one must of been really bored to have clicked all the way back two years

  15. #15
    Steel02001
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    why did you just respond to a two year old post of a banned member?

    That is hilarious, way to go graphite, maybe you are an alcoholic.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •