New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MY iBOOK SLEEPS WHEN I CLOSE THE LID!!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oo5yolo10

oo5yolo10 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love

whats going on here, whether its itunes, ichat, those programs quit whenver I close the lid. Whats the deal, can anyone help me! :dive:
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Do they really quit? Or do they just switch off? I.e. iTunes stops playing, iChat disconnects etc.

Your title is a bit misleading, so I'll just explain the basics, and you'll have to correct me if this isn't what you meant.

You sound worried that the book 'sleeps' when you close the lid. This is normal behaviour for iBooks. They all sleep as soon as the lid is closed because a lot of the heat generated by the processor rises up through the keyboard area.

If they were left on whilst the lid was closed, the screen would be damaged and could even melt (there are pictures of that happening on the web somewhere).

So to protect the 'book, it goes to sleep, but will wake up instantly when you open the lid again.

All programs that were running will 'stop' any activity, but will remain open.
QUOTE Thanks
oo5yolo10

oo5yolo10 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love

thats all i needed, thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

It's supposed to sleep when the lid is closed

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
colday

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
It's supposed to sleep when the lid is closed
I just got my new iBook too. I LOVE that feature! Talk about fast! The other night I was trying to drain my battery, got tired, closed the lid - leaving it on sleep. When I got up I opened the lid, pow! Right back on, and the battery still had about 1 1/2 hour to go.

Yep, I'll never go back. Anybody want to buy a P4 3.0 PC? :p

Steve
OldManCompute
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerBook LCD is on an angle! | Non-ethernet networking options for iBook? »