New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Those of you who bought your ibook from Amazon

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crispeto

Have you received your ibook yet? If so, how long did it take from order date to receive date? Has anyone's shipped? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
RJScott2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispeto
Have you received your ibook yet? If so, how long did it take from order date to receive date? Has anyone's shipped? Thanks
I purchased my iBook from Amazon in December of 2002 and it took about 5 days to arrive; but that's not exactly what I wanted to let you know...
I eventually had the infamous screen failure and had to return my iBook to Apple for warranty service. I had registered my iBook online with Apple the day it arrived at my front door however when I called Apple for the shipping instructions they had no record of the purchase and told me that I would have to supply them with the original paperwork that came with the iBook from Amazon. So make sure you keep that paperwork.
They then informed me that Amazon, as well as other resellers, actually register the Apple products when they purchase them from Apple. What this means is that your warranty is 1 year from the date that Amazon purchased the product from Apple, not 1 year from when you purchased the product from Amazon. Keep that in mind.
Okay that's all I wanted to let you know.
Take it easy.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Optimal amount of ram for ibook..... | Itunes and Song Naming.... »