New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New Ibook owner - where does my ram go?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crispeto

Just ordered my new ibook with 1.2 ghz and cdrw and wifi. Got a great deal for $819. Where do I put my ram I purchased separately? Do I need to take it to the Apple store or can I put it in myself? Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

You can do it yourself. There are instructions on the Apple site.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispeto
Just ordered my new ibook with 1.2 ghz and cdrw and wifi. Got a great deal for $819. Where do I put my ram I purchased separately? Do I need to take it to the Apple store or can I put it in myself? Thanks for your help.
There are also instructions and diagrams in your owners manual, and if you type "install memory" into Mac Help in your Menu bar, you'll find instructions and diagrams there as well.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
suhasG

From where are you getting this for $819?

I am getting 12" 1.2 G 256Mb, 30 GB, wifi from www.amazon for $849.

Please let me know ASAP, my iBook is not shipped yet so I can still cancel the order.

SuhasG
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasG
From where are you getting this for $819?

I am getting 12" 1.2 G 256Mb, 30 GB, wifi from www.amazon for $849.

Please let me know ASAP, my iBook is not shipped yet so I can still cancel the order.

SuhasG
How did you get it so cheap?

edit: I see now, there is a $150 MIR.

That is a good deal.
QUOTE Thanks
crispeto

I got it from Amazon with the rebate and then applied for their amazon visa and got an additional $30 discount.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

i was under the impression that when you order from amazon there is a month wait? Also thought they had the older version of the iBook. That's why i went to the Apple Store down the street from me and said the heck with saving money. I wanted it NOW!
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

OMG, $849 is still cheap man! That is in US Dollars right? The cheapest iBook I can get in the UK is the 1.2Ghz 12" model which costs 700 (with Education discount), which is roughly $1,297.38!
QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

I was leery when I bought my ibook off Ebay. But I asked this seller TONS!! of questions.
It's a 12" G3 800mhz with 256 (planning to add more). I paid 741 for it! Sweet! The seller put it up for bid twice but no one was hitting her reserve price so I nudged her into selling it to me anyway (since I was the highest bidder).
All I can say is that I havent' had any problems with it, runs great, cosmetically it's a little rough around the edges but the screen is perfect, etc. I say I got an awesome deal.
:girl:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems accessing websites | Optimal amount of ram for ibook..... »