Soda spilled on Macbook
    To make a long story short, my roommate spilled a bunch of Sprite all over my Macbook last night. He didn't leave a note or call me, only let me walk in to my room to see it upside down with the battery pulled out. I'm leaving it to dry for another six hours or so, but it was on when it spilled, so I'm not holding my breath that it's going to work. I'm fairly certain my Apple warranty won't work on water damage as most electronics warranties don't, but if anyone knows otherwise please let me know. Also, any other advice as to what I should do (other than stab my roommate) would be appreciated.

twin cities, mn, usa
    wait more than six hours.

at least he did that much though, he could have saved it, will still probably have to be cleaned with alcohol. but it may be a cheaper fix.

if it does cost you anything, this idiot should be paying for it, period.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
    The Apple warranty specifically excludes liquid ingress BUT you may well be lucky. Let if dry thoroughly and I mean thoroughly, give it a few days. It may well work. My daughter spilled tea on hers and after taking it apart and cleaning it it was fine!
    Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.

15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
    If it works, but the keyboard is completely ruined by the stickiness, make your roommate buy you a replacement one. That would at least help, if thats all the liquid got to.

Otherwise, absolutely make your roommate pay for a new one. I think anyone would agree that it's the thing to do.
    Loving my MBP more and more everyday

Thread Information