New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

What kinda mouse do you use with your ibook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Computer.Geek

Computer.Geek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD

i'm looking for a good mouse to get. any recommendations? is it worthwile to get the apple mouse?

thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

I prefer a 2 button mouse. I just have a microsoft optical mouse. I like it alot with the the back and forward buttons on the side.
QUOTE Thanks
Computer.Geek

Computer.Geek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD

thanks for the reply. i saw a mouse available from microsoft @ best buy but it didn't have buttons on the side. do you have the exact model name?
QUOTE Thanks
sonicj

microsoft intellimouse explorer.
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj
microsoft intellimouse explorer.
Bingo. There are also some other great wireless mice out their as well.
QUOTE Thanks
sonicj

i use the logitech mx700 i think on my pc and love it. mouse is a very personal type of item. i had a hard time getting used to it at first, but it quickly grew on me.
QUOTE Thanks
eekimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj
i use the logitech mx700 i think on my pc and love it. mouse is a very personal type of item. i had a hard time getting used to it at first, but it quickly grew on me.
I have the same mouse. I've always been a logitech fan, as I've had had a few bad experiences with Microsoft mice. I love the MX700, its comfortable, tho slightly heavy, it has a recharging base thing, which is awesome. The main setback is that its chunky with the recharge/reciever, so it isn't the best mouse to carry around. If you want to buy a mouse now, get the bluetooth mx900, but if you carry your computer around a lot, u should reconsider.

Sonicj, are the silver markings on the buttons wearing off on yours :eek: ?
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Logitech MouseMan Optical Wireless. Pretty good. Both on the desk and on the road.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

What about the standard Apple USB mouse?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

When I get an Apple(still undecided on which) I am going to get a mouse from macmice.com, probably just the corded model since I probably won't get internal bluetooth and don't want the external bluetooth thing.
QUOTE Thanks
jdk

I have a kensington two button scroll travel mouse. Works great.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

as much as i like the standard Apple mouse, why didn't they incorporate more buttons!? I'm so use to the scroll wheel and 4 buttons i use with my Dell - but i'm not complaining so ...
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
as much as i like the standard Apple mouse, why didn't they incorporate more buttons!? I'm so use to the scroll wheel and 4 buttons i use with my Dell - but i'm not complaining so ...
Thats why I like macmice.com they have the same style but with a scroll wheel and 2 buttons.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Yeah MacMice's mice look pretty smooth. I have a Kensington Optical Elite and absolutely love it.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

I use the Targus damn small mouse. Thats not the real name, but it really is damn small. I think its called the Targus Optical Mini Mouse. I want a Logitech MX900, but my pockets are empty.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Thinking Of Getting An Ibook, But is a mac right for me? | Another Dual Monitor Mystery.... »