New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Can't Install Disc 2. What Can I Do?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Beaneysue42

Beaneysue42 is on a distinguished road

Due to various problems, I tried to do a complete reinstall on my MacBook. I was unable to complete installation and upon examining disc 2, I noticed that it was badly damaged. So I took the computer to the Mac authorized repair place here in Paris and they inserted their disc 2 to finish the installation. However the pop up said to begin again. I left the computer at the shop and went back several days later only to be told that they haven't figured out why they can't finish the installation. I am wondering if they need to start a fresh installation with disc 1 or perhaps they have done that.

The other thing is is that I noticed on the paper that they gave me it says that this problem isn't coved by Applecare. Does anyone know anything about this?

Third problem, if they do get it up and running, how can I get a replacement for disc 2 that works with my disk 1. Do I have to buy it or will Applecare take care of it.

I might mention that this is the second time in a month that I have had to take my computer in for repairs. The first time they replaced my hard drive. Is it possible they gave me a rebuilt hard drive?

This is my third Mac and the first one that I have had problems with.

Thank you for reading this and hope you can help me.

Beaneysue
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keyboard Backlight Problem | I have it and I have problems (with it) »