New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Any one have a picture of a 4th gen macbook on the inside

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eviln3d

eviln3d is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to replace a logic board in a 3rd gen with one made for a 4th gen... although the connections are all the new flatter type I'm assuming the wiring is the same.... the only problem is the back-up batter connection is now on the front and the temp sensor has one connection with 4 wires instead of two connections with 2 wires each... so if I can find a picture of a 4th gen logic board correctly connected in a mac I think I can connect the one I have into the 3rd gen without shorting anything out..... anyone have such a image or know where I can find one?
QUOTE Thanks
kkelly122

kkelly122 is a jewel in the roughkkelly122 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP l iPhone l iPod

this should help you. im just not sure if it is a 4th generation, it should be close though.
QUOTE Thanks
eviln3d

eviln3d is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelly122 View Post
this should help you. im just not sure if it is a 4th generation, it should be close though.
Unfortunately that is the earlier logic board like the 3rd gen... The 4th gen has the batter connection on the top of the board and not the bottom and uses a different connection... that's my biggest problem... I can't be sure which side is ground and which side is positive and I don't want to short anything out... thanks though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerBook G4 1.25 ram upgrade problems | Macbook Not working (booting) »