Specs:
    13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
    Kingmax Ram for Apple Ibook g4?
    I haven't got any responses on my previous thread which has forced me to rely on online research which has been useful up to a point. I have been looking @ purchasing more ram for my soon to be coming new ibook g4 12 inch, 1.2mhz and am on budget. I have found an amazing price on a 512mb stick @ canadacomputers.com for $119.99 which is Kingmax branded ram, has anyone used this with any issues? Please share your expertise with me! :doctor:

I haven't heard anything BAD about that brand, thats about all the insight I can give.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    You sure it's kingmax not kingston?

Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich
    You sure it's kingmax not kingston?
    Kingmax is a brand, I have seen it for sale before.

funkdoobi
    i got a stick of 512 kingston in my ibook. works amazingly

Specs:
    Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
    Check for ram prices here (maybe less $ for better ram)
    http://dealram.com/prices/systems/30635/512MB.html

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by Computer.Geek
    I haven't got any responses on my previous thread which has forced me to rely on online research which has been useful up to a point. I have been looking @ purchasing more ram for my soon to be coming new ibook g4 12 inch, 1.2mhz and am on budget. I have found an amazing price on a 512mb stick @ canadacomputers.com for $119.99 which is Kingmax branded ram, has anyone used this with any issues? Please share your expertise with me! :doctor:
    That's a good price (assuming CAD), but you can find similar prices at stores that specialize in Mac's. I always prefer to buy from them because they normally guarantee 100% compatibility and offer a lifetime warranty. MacSolutions currently has a 512 MB stick for your machine that is approx. $120 CAD (according to an online currency converter).
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Specs:
    13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
    Kingmax ram...
    Yes, the brand is Kingmax not Kingston. I e-mailed the company and they told me it is compatible with the Apple ibook so I do think I'm gonna give it a shot and let you guys know. But one last question! What issues do you get if you use ram that is not "apple compatible"? Does anyone have any bad experiences or performance issues that could arise from using 3rd party ram?

Thread Information