New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help just bought a powerbook g4 12inch and apple cinema dispaly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sexyboy

Sexyboy is on a distinguished road

Hi i bough and apple powerbook g4 12 inch 1.44ghz with the superdrive for only 1,200.00 on yahoo auctions came with 512ram. Well then I bought and 20inch screen to go with it. The screen already came and the powerbook is coming in three days. I bought the old screens the one that is white and plastic but it was bought brand new for only 700 dollars what a deal right. It also came with the adc to dvi adapter. BUT HERES MY QUESTION: Is there anything else I need to hook up my 12inch powerbook to my 20inch cinema dispaly thanks. Do i need to purchase any seperate adapters evne though i already have the adc to dvi adapter please help me cause im leving to the apple sote tmr so incase if i need something then I will just buy it their :tusks:
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Yep, it should work. 12" PowerBooks have mini-dvi ports (no full-size ports), but all new PowerBooks come with mini-dvi to dvi adapters. Check if your 12" PB comes with it (since it's used). The owner might have lost it or something, which would suck.

If the adapter doesn't come included with the PowerBook, you can always purchase it from the Apple store.

Good luck, sounds like a sweet deal!
QUOTE Thanks
Sexyboy

Sexyboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k
Yep, it should work. 12" PowerBooks have mini-dvi ports (no full-size ports), but all new PowerBooks come with mini-dvi to dvi adapters. Check if your 12" PB comes with it (since it's used). The owner might have lost it or something, which would suck.

If the adapter doesn't come included with the PowerBook, you can always purchase it from the Apple store.

Good luck, sounds like a sweet deal!
thanks a lot that helped a lot im goign tot ask him right now iw ill let u knwo if it comes with one
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Help | !urgent Help! Ibook ! »