Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agazzie
    I have both a iBook 12" and a PowerBook G4 15". The iBook is much more portable when you using it for example on a train or so, but when you've packed it (closed it), the difference isn't that big. I will now pass on the iBook to my mom, and just use the PB, the screen is much much better on the 15".

12inch or 15inch?

Specs:
    stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
    i'd say get the 12" and with the saving invest the money on a gig of ram..

12inch or 15inch?
    Specs:
    17" 1.5ghz PB,1gb RAM,64mb ATI,80gb HD+PowerMac G4 867mhz,640mb RAM,60gb HD+AirPort xpress+15gb Ipod
    Well I have a 17" which is well useful for viewing two web browser windows at once for example because the display is soooooooo wide.

However I am going to fly economy class in December and was wondering if anybody had experience trying to do this with a 17" (You know like on that Powerbook TV advert where theres a guy with a 12 sitting next another with a 17 on the airplane).

When I had my 14.1" vaio it was ok on an economy class seat. Just.

mac_noobie
    all powerbooks also feature duel display mode... I hook my 12" into a 17inch flat panel screen and run two screens at once... so I have more room for garage band and photoshop.

12inch or 15inch?
    Specs:
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish_4_A_Mac
    Well I have a 17" which is well useful for viewing two web browser windows at once for example because the display is soooooooo wide.

However I am going to fly economy class in December and was wondering if anybody had experience trying to do this with a 17" (You know like on that Powerbook TV advert where theres a guy with a 12 sitting next another with a 17 on the airplane).

When I had my 14.1" vaio it was ok on an economy class seat. Just.
    I just flew economy class on monday and used my 17". It was okay. the laptop did fit, but just about. I flew BA.

danger_boy_13
    I have a 12" PB and I don't really mind the size. The thing that I do to offset it when using it at home is to disconnect my 17" monitor from my PC (I'm a recent converter) and hook it to my PB and span the screen. That offsets the screen size for desktop use and development, but on the road I like to have the smaller size, which means smaller bag and everything, too.

Thread Information