New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

12inch or 15inch?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Agazzie

I have both a iBook 12" and a PowerBook G4 15". The iBook is much more portable when you using it for example on a train or so, but when you've packed it (closed it), the difference isn't that big. I will now pass on the iBook to my mom, and just use the PB, the screen is much much better on the 15".
QUOTE Thanks
pkny

pkny is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.

i'd say get the 12" and with the saving invest the money on a gig of ram..
QUOTE Thanks
Wish_4_A_Mac

Wish_4_A_Mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" 1.5ghz PB,1gb RAM,64mb ATI,80gb HD+PowerMac G4 867mhz,640mb RAM,60gb HD+AirPort xpress+15gb Ipod

Well I have a 17" which is well useful for viewing two web browser windows at once for example because the display is soooooooo wide.

However I am going to fly economy class in December and was wondering if anybody had experience trying to do this with a 17" (You know like on that Powerbook TV advert where theres a guy with a 12 sitting next another with a 17 on the airplane).

When I had my 14.1" vaio it was ok on an economy class seat. Just.
QUOTE Thanks
mac_noobie

all powerbooks also feature duel display mode... I hook my 12" into a 17inch flat panel screen and run two screens at once... so I have more room for garage band and photoshop.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish_4_A_Mac
Well I have a 17" which is well useful for viewing two web browser windows at once for example because the display is soooooooo wide.

However I am going to fly economy class in December and was wondering if anybody had experience trying to do this with a 17" (You know like on that Powerbook TV advert where theres a guy with a 12 sitting next another with a 17 on the airplane).

When I had my 14.1" vaio it was ok on an economy class seat. Just.
I just flew economy class on monday and used my 17". It was okay. the laptop did fit, but just about. I flew BA.
QUOTE Thanks
danger_boy_13

I have a 12" PB and I don't really mind the size. The thing that I do to offset it when using it at home is to disconnect my 17" monitor from my PC (I'm a recent converter) and hook it to my PB and span the screen. That offsets the screen size for desktop use and development, but on the road I like to have the smaller size, which means smaller bag and everything, too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook or iBook...again. | wireless networking... »