New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

External USB Lacie HD doesnt work....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ldj

hey,
i was copying some files to my external USB HD and my mac froze, the colorful round ball was spinning and spining, so i turned of my PB through the turn off button. It restart well, and everything works, though when i plug my HD back in it doesnt recognize it, i tried turning it off, restarting my mac, and all the possible solutions, nothing works. Can someone please tell me how to fix this because i have some important stuff on there. Thanks.

*Update* Now the HD shows but it works VERY VERY slowly. I wonder if it is the HD or my system. My mac works perfectly fine everywhere else, though when i try to copy from the external HD everything is incresible slow. instead of 15 minutes it will take like 3 hours to copy something. Though when i copy To my external HD the speed is normal.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keyboard Lock??? | 400mhz pb »