New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Planning to add Mac Book Pro in my home computing world

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zahidhafeez

zahidhafeez is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro 15" 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB RAM

Dear All,

I am considering to add a notebook in my home computing space and considering to get Mac Book Pro 15" however, I have few questions as I never used Macs earlier. My questions will clear the understanding of Macs for you whcih I assume are very basic in nature but will appreciate your feedback.

1. I have loads of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. (primarily Microsoft Office related files) on my network drive at home. I assume working on those using Mac and Windows based enviornments would not be a problem?

2. Though I read at various sites that installing windows on MacBook Pro is not advisable however, if I still want to get that installed - is the process is simple or complicated and how it affects the Mac Operating System?

3. Can you advise me some site or source which can explain me the basis of latest OS used in MacBook Pro?

4. As question 1, can the files of Quicken, Photoshop, etc can be exchanged/used/modified between two operating systems i.e. MacBook Pro's and Windows?

I will also appreciate if you kindly advise me the cheapest source of getting the MacBook Pro as I travel alot and can get it either from USA, Singapore, Middle East (Dubai), etc.

I will looking forward to hear from you all on the above-mentioned basic questions.

Regards,

Zahid Hafeez
iMac 27 inch 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
QUOTE Thanks
RobertC

RobertC will become famous soon enough

1. If you get Microsoft Office for Mac, Apple iWork or NeoOffice (free).
2. Boot Camp comes as part of OS X and you can install it into that, or there is software like Paralells that lets you run it in OS X.
3. Information here
4. Photoshop is available for the Mac
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Not recognizing battery!!! | macbook 2.33ghz OSX.4 »