03-23-2008, 04:58 AM #1
Planning to add Mac Book Pro in my home computing world
- Member Since
- Mar 23, 2008
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mac Book Pro 15" 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB RAM
I am considering to add a notebook in my home computing space and considering to get Mac Book Pro 15" however, I have few questions as I never used Macs earlier. My questions will clear the understanding of Macs for you whcih I assume are very basic in nature but will appreciate your feedback.
1. I have loads of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. (primarily Microsoft Office related files) on my network drive at home. I assume working on those using Mac and Windows based enviornments would not be a problem?
2. Though I read at various sites that installing windows on MacBook Pro is not advisable however, if I still want to get that installed - is the process is simple or complicated and how it affects the Mac Operating System?
3. Can you advise me some site or source which can explain me the basis of latest OS used in MacBook Pro?
4. As question 1, can the files of Quicken, Photoshop, etc can be exchanged/used/modified between two operating systems i.e. MacBook Pro's and Windows?
I will also appreciate if you kindly advise me the cheapest source of getting the MacBook Pro as I travel alot and can get it either from USA, Singapore, Middle East (Dubai), etc.
I will looking forward to hear from you all on the above-mentioned basic questions.
iMac 27 inch 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
03-23-2008, 05:10 AM #2
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Mr. D in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 5Last Post: 11-23-2014, 01:31 AM
By benparko in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 04-18-2010, 02:36 PM
By the8thark in forum Apple Rumors and ReportsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
By nikeyboys991 in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-29-2006, 10:49 PM
By mig.gentry in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2004, 04:44 PM