New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

macbook help

Thread Closed

joker1

joker1 is on a distinguished road

hey i have a macbook shipped with tiger.my bro bought a new macbook shipped with leopard 10.5.2 reinstallation dvd i tryed it on my macbook it says that it couldnt be installed on this computer any ideas on how to bypass this?
saxnbass

saxnbass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G

I don't believe you can. When did you buy the MacBook? If it's after Leopard was released, you should get the upgrade to Leopard for free. Go to an Apple store and talk to them about it.

Eric
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Core Duo; iMac: 2.4GHz, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD. Both running Leopard; 160GB iPod Classic; and 16GB iPhone 3G, 1st 8GB Gen iPod Touch
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
hey i have a macbook shipped with tiger.my bro bought a new macbook shipped with leopard 10.5.2 reinstallation dvd i tryed it on my macbook it says that it couldnt be installed on this computer any ideas on how to bypass this?
What you are asking is a violation of Apple's EULA. Guess you bypassed reading the forum rules when you activated your account ? More specifically this paragraph :

Quote:
4 - Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

This also includes discussion of breaking the terms of software or hardware EULAs.
And on top of that restore disks are hardware specific so it'll never work on yours because you don't have the same model.

Thread locked.

Thread Closed

« 2 Questions? | Screen Darkens - not sleep - after 30 seconds »