New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook Display is Sucky?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lasha

Why is the PowerBook display too bright? I mean, I know you can control the brightness of the screen, but not that. I'm talking about like the contrast and stuff. When I go to apple.com, and click on the iMac, it shows an iMac GIF showing how you can change the angle and stuff (to the left under the main stuff). That barely even shows on the screen no matter what I tried to do! I messed with the color profiles and etc! Does the PowerBook display just suck?
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

The PowerBook display is the clearest monitor I've ever owned and produces colours wonderfully.

Run the Color Profile assistant, you can change pretty much anything. What are you comparing it too?
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Nope, the PowerBook display is better than pretty much any display I've ever used. If you just tilt it up/down, you may be able to fix it. The PB's display should be perfectly calibrated, so it may just be the angle that you're looking at the monitor at.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

It's definitely not the angle. I looked at it from EVERY viewable angle imaginable. lol
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

I'm inclined to agree. My Powerbook display is much brighter and clearer than any other LCD I've used...and it looks perfect no matter what I'm viewing.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Okay. I just went to CompUSA again today and this time, I tried on the 12inch PowerBook. It looked a lot better than of the 17inch. I guess it's the model that's messed up. This makes me feel so much better!
QUOTE Thanks
SamR

I personally love the display on my powerbook. I've had it for 3 months now and it's the best screen I've ever seen. I especially love the 'font smoothing' feature, when I use a windows computer (especially my friend's Dell) the screen is so harsh and looks horrible IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

ditto same here for me.. love my powerbook screen and only get compliments when people see it
QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

Apparently the previous 12" powerbook models had not the greatest display ever (same as the old ibook), from what I was reading. And this was fixed with the latest models that came out a few months ago.

Mine is perfect, the most clear display I've ever seen. Period.
QUOTE Thanks
heyclement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamR
I personally love the display on my powerbook. I've had it for 3 months now and it's the best screen I've ever seen. I especially love the 'font smoothing' feature, when I use a windows computer (especially my friend's Dell) the screen is so harsh and looks horrible IMO.
well, just to let you know. they do have the "font smoothing" feature in windows too. :p
QUOTE Thanks
prozach1576

The only screens I've seen that top my PB's are the Apple Cinema Displays.
QUOTE Thanks
firsteggprez

firsteggprez is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasha
Okay. I just went to CompUSA again today and this time, I tried on the 12inch PowerBook. It looked a lot better than of the 17inch. I guess it's the model that's messed up. This makes me feel so much better!
You must have a messed up 17 inch becouse mine is perfect. It looks better then all of the models. (in my opinion) You should calibrate your monitor.

-Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsteggprez
You must have a messed up 17 inch becouse mine is perfect. It looks better then all of the models. (in my opinion) You should calibrate your monitor.
LOL...of course your 17 looks better than all the rest...because it's yours. Realistically, all size PB screens look the same...I've compared them in the store. They're simply amazing LCDs.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks
firsteggprez

firsteggprez is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris22x
LOL...of course your 17 looks better than all the rest...because it's yours. Realistically, all size PB screens look the same...I've compared them in the store. They're simply amazing LCDs.
Ya... They really are but i think it looks "nicer" :mac: I love it... the first time i saw one i drooled... well not really but ya.

-Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i wish i have your problem, my display is quite dark at all angles and color settings

-chris
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can you use an iTrip on an iBook? | PowerBook LCD is on an angle! »