New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Hmmm?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Ripped85
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I think i might have to get a lap top since my dorm room is lacking space. If im gonna get a lap top, i figure i should go mac..even though i never used one, but im majoring in business and i think most business oriented schools and work use macs...only thing is, i do EVERYTHING on my PC...music, games, webdesign, movies...can the gfx card in the 15" powerbook handle games and movies?
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripped85
I think i might have to get a lap top since my dorm room is lacking space. If im gonna get a lap top, i figure i should go mac..even though i never used one, but im majoring in business and i think most business oriented schools and work use macs...only thing is, i do EVERYTHING on my PC...music, games, webdesign, movies...can the gfx card in the 15" powerbook handle games and movies?
Movies yes, very easily. Games, yes, only thing is there really isnt the selection of games for OS X just yet. The number of games coming out for OS X is definitely increasing. Music is easy, itunes is a very good music player, and well web-design is great especially with a student discount on Macromedia Studio MX. the graphics card is a radeon 9000 with dedicated video ram, not shared with the system ram.
QUOTE Thanks
Ripped85
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiethang
Movies yes, very easily. Games, yes, only thing is there really isnt the selection of games for OS X just yet. The number of games coming out for OS X is definitely increasing. Music is easy, itunes is a very good music player, and well web-design is great especially with a student discount on Macromedia Studio MX. the graphics card is a radeon 9000 with dedicated video ram, not shared with the system ram.
so is that video card like a special notebook card or i just never heard of it lol...I just wanna get into like warcraft, which is out and stuff....the mac notebooks are so much money though...it's crazy..kinda
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripped85
so is that video card like a special notebook card or i just never heard of it lol...I just wanna get into like warcraft, which is out and stuff....the mac notebooks are so much money though...it's crazy..kinda
The radeon 9000 is a fairly powerful ATI card. They have them for desktops as well. The Apple version of the card offers separate ram for the video card, unlike most PC laptops which have it integrated with the system ram. If warcraft is available for the Mac, it should work without a problem. The video cards in the powerbooks are pretty much desktop cards, redesigned to fit inside a powerbook.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« General Powerbook Question | Display difference between two Ti's ? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Filled it...with nuthin! stickydick Switcher Hangout 10 11-04-2004 02:31 AM
What's up with this battery life? Osiris22x Apple Notebooks 21 05-16-2004 10:43 PM
OH GOD! The sexy little iPOD MINI! hardheart iPod Hardware and Accessories 5 01-08-2004 10:05 PM
PowerBook 12" Battery Problems Mathewjenkinson Apple Desktops 1 12-16-2003 11:18 PM
Hmmm, civilian space flight :) Emrys Schweb's Lounge 1 05-01-2003 12:29 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?